Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at the MArksman I probably went wa yover budget (but hey, I'm happy), anyway...

I got a Ruger 10/22, and I *HATE* the magazine. It's bulky, it's hard to load, it's pretty much just crap IMO.

Are there any decent 30 rounders available for them? I would have got some at The MArksman but they were completely out.

Oh, what kind of 10/22?

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/ ... 3&return=Y
I think it's this one. The cheapest 10/22 they had, blued.

I also got a Mossy 500A, but that's another story...

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
The 10/22 was my first rifle and second gun along with the MK1 pistol. I loved the magazine, 10 rounds with a flat profile. As far as Higher capacity mags there are some out there but I would wait a bit until more get into the distribution chain.

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I suggest patience when shopping for mags for your 10/22.

I've seen Butler Creek folding stocks for the Mini 14 go for $49-$99 for the same thing, online, and at gun shows.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeaaaaah.... um... I done went and did something... um....

Is it normal to have no problem completely taking a firearm down to every last part no problem, and then finding a jubmble when you're finished cleaning... so proud of your work?

I took apart the trigger assembly down to the last bolt.

Along with the magazine, which was FILTHY.

Now I can't get either back together again.

*D'OH*

I should have only done what the manual said, but ohhhhh no, *I* don't need no stinking manuals!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well,look at it this way.Ruger 10/.22s are fairly cheap.Just buy another one & keep the original as a parts gun. :bigidea:
:sm_angel:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, humpty dumpty better foot my bill, 'cause I finally figured it all out, but I'm missing the kinda "/O\" spring piece of metal.

Awesome. Superbly awesome.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She is ALIVE!

A little spring for the trigger (not the spring behind the trigger) was lost in translation, and found under a LAMP.

She also has 2 25rnd Hotlips mags.

oh yes, fun shall be MINE tomorrow!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gotta love them 10/22's, i got one i bought used with a folding stock i have put at least 50,000 rounds through myself, sure the action is a little sloppy now but it still functions, bouught a target model for my son, through on a harris bipod, and a sightron scope, we were at the pistol range one day and he told me not to shoot there was a fly on my target, 1 round gone at 35 yd, went to look at it a cease fire, you could see where the fly had just exploded :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
the factory mag for the 10/22 is one of the finest engineering marvels of our times.

if you feel the need to go hi cap ( because you have no patience and may be a poor shot) buy an AR and some muffs and go to town...

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am starting to see the 25 round mags for the Ruger 10/22 for around the $20.00 mark here in Ohio.

Bob K

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just bought two 30 rd 10/22 ramline mags from gunbrokers.com for $21.99 each. Seller was fast in reply. Waiting for them now.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Seeing Hi Cap magas again

Was delighted to see Hi Cap mags again at a local gun shop. 10/22 Ram Line bananas.

Didn't get them, as it was the high priced, low service gun shop.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MYgarand said:
the factory mag for the 10/22 is one of the finest engineering marvels of our times.

if you feel the need to go hi cap ( because you have no patience and may be a poor shot) buy an AR and some muffs and go to town...
Ding ding ding... and... not horrible, I call it "learning." lol

I do have no patience though, I hate loading .22 mags... every other mag can be "fun" but noo... .22 mags are melodramatic.

However, since I picked up the AK I've almost neglected the 10/22... only taken her to the range once since then. The AK is eating away my range time... even the Mauser is suffering. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Never ever, ever take apare a Ruger Factor 10rd magazine. I did ONCE and that was enough for me. Took about 2 hours to get it rewound and back together with my six hands !!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know about the 10/22 rotary magazine being wonderful...or even reliable. I've had my 10/22 not even a year and it's having some pretty bad feeding problems with the factory rotary magazine. I'll never get one of those magazines again. I'm sticking with my butler creek 25 rounder. :ar15:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts