Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can some one give me a fair idea of value on a real clean i903 colt 32 cal it looks new with no signs of wear blueing is even and bright grip is perfect serial no is in the 401 xxx range not one pit mark that I can see I have looked it over under a wide view magnifier with light and it looks original

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
gerald shambo,

1st, WELCOME ABOARD.

Personally, I wouldn't want to pay more than 750.ooUSD for the 1903, PROVIDED THAT it is NOT "messed about with" OR re-blued.

These little pocket autos are NOT rare & I've seen many 1903 Colts in "as new condition", just as my "duckie's" VERY early production Colt's PPS in MINT & UNFIRED condition is NOT by any means rare.
(I would guess that MANY were bought new, loaded, put in a dresser drawer & never used.)

In the case of duckie's (actually her mother's) little Colt, Mildred bought it to protect herself & the company's night deposit in March 1946 and NEVER fired it a single time, until her passing in 1991. - It is loaded & by "duckie's" bedside, within reach & still has NOT been fired.
(NOTE: Should a BG break in, she WILL shoot it. - 6x or until the BG is no longer moving. = I met her in April 1966 & "she doesn't play".)

just my opinion, sw

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
SW is right they are not rare and I think the estimate is a bit high. It would take one that is 99% to command that price at full retail

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
gerald shambo; ALL,

Personally, I like the little 1903 Colt, though in .380ACP. - For a while now, I've looked for a NON-collectable one to have converted into "southpaw friendly" & re-blued.
(My brother-of-the-heart has a .32ACP version, for which he paid 125.oo at a WV garage sale & it has been "Harris-ized" with "slightly melted edges", a trigger that 'breaks like glass" & RUST-blued to LOOK excellent.)

That little .32 shoots beautifully & is "point accurate" with high velocity, (hand-loaded) JHP out to 50M.
(WHEN/IF I find/remodel a .380, I hope that it shoots as well.)

Note: there is NO SAMMI standard for +P rounds for the .380ACP. - However, SOME .380 loads are listed at around 1100 FPS with a 90grain JHP out of a 3" barrel.

Note2: For those who wonder WHY my sudden interest in the .380ACP/9mmKurz, the nation to which I'm retiring in 2014 "prefers that a civilian NOT carry" a 9mm Parabellum handgun concealed. - I was told by a "supervising officer of the National Judicial Police" that I will be issued a "carry concealed license" within 30 days of my "pensionado status" being approved AND
that possession/concealed carry of a .32ACP/.38SPL/.357MAG/.380ACP was deemed "quite appropriate", as they are "NOT normally considered to be martial loadings".
(You need to convince a magistrate of your need to carry a MILITARY caliber "on the street" in a nation that has NO army!!! - Otoh, ANY normal ordinary sporting or police handgun/rifle/shotgun/load is OK to have at home or on a watercraft. = Boats are considered to be "an extension of one's domicile" but POV are NOT so considered.)

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Costa Rica?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stand waitie

Forgive me if i spelled your name wrong, my memory is playing short time tricks on me, it has been a least two weeks from the first time i asked this question, its not important its just enlightning for my own frame of mind what little i have left. I have a h&r sportsman 99 in excellent condition 9 shot 22 top break open with a three number serial number 554, the number has me excited as i beleive it to be low meaning this piece to be of an old age. It looks as if i bought it new this morning. Im very proud to own it. My question is the same as everone elses wouldbe whats it worth? Or aclose guess is better then what i have at this time. Thank you for your time and tollerance. Gerald shambo . Call me jake

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
gerald shambo,

I know ZILCH about the value (if any) of H&R revolvers. - SORRY.

yours, sw

1 - 12 of 12 Posts