Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the correct forum. Looking for a 1903 (1905) Springfield repro chrome bayonet. I was on a ROTC Pershing Rifles drill team in the mid '60s before serving from '65 thru '69 and I wanted a memento. I acquired a demil'd rifle, did some work on the finish, and put on a white leather sling. To complete my "memento" I need a repro 16" chrome bayonet. Haven't been able to find one let alone one I might be able to afford. I bought a repro 16" but have absolutely no idea if the deep blue finish can be removed and the bayonet chromed and who can do the job. Any help appreciated. BTW: does anyone know where I can get a good repro that DOESN'T need fiddling with?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
It shouldn' be difficult to get the one you have chromed. Look up some plating companies in your phone book and talk to them about it.It may be expensive.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
There is a finish like paint which looks like chrome and is considerably cheaper. Check out Jay Leno's Garage for details.
Geoff
Who doesn't have a reference handy.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
That level of precision always leaves me in awe...so much respect for the amount of work these men put into their performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts