Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an LF & C 1917 trench knife that was given to me by my dads friend. I think that he said that his neighbor was in WWI and when he either died or before he died (can't remember exactly, it might have been his neighbor's father) he gave it to my dads friend. He's not really into knives and he knew that I was, so he gave it to me. For those that don't know exactly what it is heres a link to a webpage I found

http://www.joesalter.com/detail.php?f_qryitem=5230

The finish on mine isn't in quite that good of condition ( it doesn't have any of the rust that the one in the link has, though), but I do have the scabbard. I saw one at a gunshow that was about in the same condition as mine for $450. I don't intend to sell it but I still wonder what it is worth. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
A good place to get pricing is on Ebay.

Do a search for "Trench Knife" "1917" "Knuckle knife" etc, then use the "completed auction" feature on the left side of the screen which will give you what they actually sold for.

These 1917/18 trench knives show up on Ebay often, and bring fairly high prices, especially with the original scabbard.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I looked and found that I got a very good deal (free!). One sold for around $470, and another that I think had part of the knuckles sawed off still sold for about $375!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts