Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my hunting for loading klips for my 9mm C96, i came over this original box marked m34(ö) of 9x25 Mauser from 1938 with klips in original package...
In the bottom of the shell the German eagle or swastika is pressed - never seen this before...

(ö) for ostria or austria?
In the 1930s a handful of Austrian, Hungarian and Swiss submachine guns and machine carbines were chambered for this caliber.
Maybe this box is for The MP34 (Maschinenpistole 34, literally "Machine Pistol 34")?

In the same time i got hold of two original klips made by and marked DWM for my commercial pre WWI C96, reworked for WWII by Simson...

I`m happy;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Very cool. I am not familiar with 9x25... I think the biggest over here is 9x23 but you're Red 9 is a standard 9x19 isn't it?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I second Charlie on the coolness! :cool:

And I must admit more than a little envy at your collection. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
9x25

Very cool. I am not familiar with 9x25... I think the biggest over here is 9x23 but you're Red 9 is a standard 9x19 isn't it?
Thank you - first time for me too regarding the 9x25 Mauser - never seen it before.

And yes, my "red nine" C96 is 9x19...
The ammo in the clip is for my MP40

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In Norway?

I second Charlie on the coolness! :cool:

And I must admit more than a little envy at your collection. :mrgreen:
Robert!
Thanks, i am sorry if i make you feel that way - as i said earlier, a belive i am among "friends here" i just want to discuss and learn about my interest and hobby.

If you are in Norway, dont hesitate to contact me...:D
If i wisit the us, i will love to see your collection and to hear about your knowlege...

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
The 9x25 Mauser was developed for the C96 and intended for the export market; mostly Africa. They are not common pistols at all. In W.D.M. Bell's book, the scene where he engaged hostiles with his shoulder stocked Mauser pistol, he was using a 9x25 C96. The cartridge is a little more powerful than a .38 Auto.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
KevinGibson,

THANKS for the 9x25 info. -It's NOT in my copy of CARTRIDGES OF THE WORLD.

yours, sw

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is an old thread, I know.

But searching for more information on the C96 Broomhandle 9x25 mm Mauser Export I came across this old thread. So I just thought I'd contribute some info if somebody's interested.
I own a C96 chambered for 9mm Mauser Export. I bought it in 2003. The Broomhandle I have also has the MAUSER banner logo located directly above the chamber. So, yes, this is unique. The problem is, finding any cartridges for it.
I've found a few online, but they are as expensive as a 50 cal round.. some even more if stamped from DWM #487.
So I am currently in the process of getting all my "parts" together to do some reloading in 9 x 25 Mauser.
Yesterday I was able to set up my cutting saw to cut the Winchester 9mm Magnum cases down to 25mm. I cut 25 cases down, afterwards cleaning the case mouths up with some emery paper and a Lyman case tool.
I then cycled several of the cases thru the Broomhandle and they all looked really good, the extractor ejecting each one.
A few weeks ago I bought a couple of the original cartridges for 9 x 25 Mauser Export on line just to use as a reference. Unfortunately I haven't received them yet, but it should be any day now. I'll use the original round to double check my work.
I am setting up my dies and I have the decapper-sizing die in place. Next is powder/expander then seat/crimp. But I am not too interested in the last two dies just yet until I get my reference rounds that I ordered. I'm considering pulling the bullet off of one just to look at the powder, weigh and measure everything and document it.
I'm really considering priming a few of the new cases I created, no powder, no bullet and just see if the Broomhandle will ignite the primer in a case without any problems. I might end up doing that later today.
Anyway, kind of an interesting project.
Wes

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
First off welcome to the forum. That does sound like an interesting project, I am not familiar with that round.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts