Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having two 270WSM rifles, one a Remington 700 & the other a Winchester 70 Featherweight, both which I love to shoot, I have decided to dive into the wildcat arena for the first time based on that case, in 25 caliber.

I have read everything I can find on the subject & it looks very promising, so much I am very suprised WInchester didn't do it, but went with the super short instead.

Both RCBS & Redding make the dies & several companies make the barrels, but my gunsmith prefers Shilen, so I am taking his advice on that, and am going with a Remington action for this project.

Has anyone here built one of these or any other wildcat WSM. I have read of people doing them in 243, 264, 280, 338, 358, & even one guy building a 458 WSM, (not real sure why).

Just looking for more feedback.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
This is really a "history repeats itself" thing because the day after the Ultra Mag cartridges were introduced they were necked up and down to pretty much everything.

I have no experience with any of those, but will soon with the 257 WSSM. My guess is that Winchester didn't do it on the WSM case because it would be pretty much an example of classic overbore ..

You might want to call Redding (607) 753-3331 becuase they really do have a lot of wildcat experience.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am really looking foreword to someone making the 338wsm a factory reality. I think that would be the winner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts