Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this movie the other day and was amazed with the sceen when Murph was stopped by the sherrif on the backroad in Idaho.

The sherrif was wearing a silverplated SA that was awesome. What I found about it was the spin of the cylinder. With a quick spin, the cylinder rolled effortlessly and silent for it seemed without slowing and silent with the hammer halfcocked.

Was this a real gun or a show prop? I tried to do it with mine and as all that i have, they all buzz as the cylinder makes contact with the trigger sear.

The pistol cylinder may have been special made with bearing and had a special trigger and sear> ANYONE got knowledge how this was done?

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Wow, the complete opposite of what usually happens in the movies, where DA revolver cylinders make the buzzy/whizzy sound when the hero spins them. (All my DA revolvers are silent when I do it.)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a tip from Jeff @ Gunblast. He says although he hadn't seen the movie. He does know that some special made Smith's where made with a pawl that allowed the cylinder to spin freely in either direction without the buzz or contact.

As for mine, they are standard plain jane and buzz the louder went spun faster :wink: .

But, I now have a new interest when I visit my next gunshows this month. Spin the cylinder of all the SA's I can find 8) . My ole lady may use it if I bring home another. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts