Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie here, but this looks like the proper forum to get an answer to my question. I am contemplating getting a Walther PPK, and I want one in the original caliber, .32 ACP. Some people think I'm nuts, and that any gun that comes in both .32 & .380 should be purchased in .380 (i.e. for defensive purposes). But I'm not buying this gun for self defense purposes; I'm buying it as a fun gun, a plinker (with a bit of history, both real [Nazis, OSS, CIA] & fictional [007]). I have read that the .32 PPKs were not just lighter-recoiling, but also really accurate, perhaps even more so than the .380 versions (which I have seen demonstrate nice accuracy). Does anyone have any comments on the accuracy & general shootability of these .32 PPKs (or other similar size .32 firearms)?Thank you. ---dave

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Hi Dave,
It has been a long time since I shot one of the .32s, but they definitely don't have the recoil bite of the .380. You still need to pay attention to your grip though because it's easy for the slide to grind away some skin on either side of the grip if your hand rides up too high.

I can't say that there was any appreciable difference in accuracy and since all the pp style pistols have generally lousy trigger pulls anyhow accuracy is often a shooter rather than a gun issue.

There are umpteen variations of PP and PPK pistols although the Nazi marked guns have gotten a bit pricey.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think you will really enjoy the PP. Mr. Petty is right about the trigger pull though. Actually, the single action pull is pretty good on mine; but that first shot DA pull is off the trigger pull gauge! Must be 18 lbs! If it is just going to be a fun gun anyway, don't worry about it and cock it for the first shot and shoot them all single action. I know a lot of people complain about the slide biting them; but I have never had a problem with them and I have fairly large hands. My 32 PP is more accurate than either of my 380 PPK/S's; though that may be a difference in craftsmanship. My PP was made in Germany, both of my PPK's were made in the US.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've got a couple of the PPs in .32, and I've found them to be easier recoiling than the .380 PPKs I've shot and extremely accurate. I've shot a lot of junk .32s through mine, and they just keep on perking. They will chew up the back of your hand, though.

Michael B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts