Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CZ 52 pistol that shoots 7.62X25 ammo and I am wondering if anyone has ever checked to see if the 357 Sig ammo would work in these guns. to the naked eye the 2 rounds look identical. I don't know how they would mic. out. I was just curious if anyone had tryed it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Not a chance. The biggest problem is that the .357 SIG bullet is muck larger than the 7.62 (roughly .30 caliber). If you should be able to cram one in it would be a rather spectacular ka-boom.

Look more closely and you'll see that while the shape is similar there are differences in every aspect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

Thanks so much for your reply. I have just gotten the CZ 52, saw the rounds and was just wondering.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Re: Thank you!

rebel said:
Thanks so much for your reply. I have just gotten the CZ 52, saw the rounds and was just wondering.
Congrats on the CZ-52! Neat gun, it would be great if someone would implement some of the features in an updated offering...

Be forewarned: there's a LOT of urban myth about the strength of the CZ-52 being promulgated out there on the web. The truth is that the Tokarev TT-30 or TT-33 is by FAR the stronger action. Do Not Overload the CZ-52! It's designed for a standard 7.62Tok round; don't go pushing your luck by buying into the "super-hot submachinegun round" theory, 'cause it just ain't so...

[/i]

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
And watch the dry-firing. The CZ52's are notorious for brittle firing pins.

I was thinking about getting one (for a hundred bucks why not?) but the pistol range I belong to has a 1400 fps limit since it's only a a 50' indoor range. I'm thinking about picking up a Makarov though.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts