Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Charlie, I have limited experience with the 380. I did have pretty good luck with a 90gr. JHP on top of 4.2 gr. of Unique.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe. Unique is tough to measure accurately in small charges so I'm thinking of using AA5 and maybe AutoComp for slower burning stuff.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I load .355 95gr FMJ with either Bullseye or 700X in my .380.

I have loaded 110gr hp with Bullseye but I don't like it as much as the other loads.

BobMac

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I was looking for data I saw that Sierra had some for the 380 using 115 gr. jhps. I always thought those would be too long but will find out.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
When I was looking for data I saw that Sierra had some for the 380 using 115 gr. jhps. I always thought those would be too long but will find out.
The NRA Handloading book had .380 data for the Sierra 115, and the first edition Lee manual had data going up to 124gr (no brand specified). SuperVel loaded some 130gr FMJ for MAC/SIONICS for use in suppressed Ingram M11, but those were loaded very, very hot.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm about to beging reloading for the .380, I'm considering using Berry plated bullets around 100 grains. I'm hoping to be able to load these slugs in both 9mm and .380. Haven't tried yet, but it would be nice...

·
Registered
83 Posts
My first batch of .380's is done.

3.0 grains of Winchester 231, Remington small pistol primers, 100 grain Berry plated hollow-based round noses, in once-fired remington brass. OAL I used was .984". I only loaded up 50, in cases they were unusable.

To my very great satisfaction they were 100% reliable, in both a Bersa Thunder and a Ruger LCP. No problems of any kind. As accurate as factory fodder, as far as my crude test went, anyway.

The only problems I had were separating 9mm brass from .380 after tumbling (the little boogers look a LOT alike), and the fact that I am used to reloading .45 ACP. Those .380's look so TINY.

*Side note: that $170 used Bersa continues to amaze me. By far, best bang for the buck gun I've ever seen.

*extra Side note: Dillon 550B is one hell of a press. I could see building a shrine around it in my Man-Cave. I need a bust of John Browning to complete the effect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts