Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Awesome, a little old man with a little old .22 and the goblin is DRT!

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Three guys in their 20s against a 92 year old man!!! I'd say the odds were stacked against the 20 year olds. Don't mess with u8s old farts. We don't take prisoners!

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
I think the lesson here was patience. He didn't go looking for them he sat quietly in his chair waiting for them to come to him.

Well done Sir!

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
to ALL:

This is getting to be a rather common activity. - this morning a burglar crawled into a window in Poteet, TX & was shot once in the face with a 9mm semi-auto.- the burglar was declared dead at the scene.

according to the local SO, the deceased had a long record of burglary, assault & sex crimes.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Not sure if the guy called the police or not.

I agree, he didn't go searching, he set up at the door and waited. The "Safe room" type strategy.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
It's almost always better to be the ambusher than the ambushee. :p

It was nice to read that the other two criminals took their trash out with them. People really are becoming more concerned about the environment, it seems.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Rules for smart hoods....Don't mess with:

1. An old guy. Robert Heinlein said "Don't mess with a little man. You'll frighten him....and he'll KILL you".

2. A farmer. They lack a modern big city attitude about getting ripped off.
It upsets them.

3. A combat vet. You ain't the first man they've shot.

4. An old guy combat vet who's a farmer. He'll wait patiently for you to come to him and then he'll D-Day your butt.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
dfariswheel,

WELL SAID.

according to WOAI News this PM, the shooter in the Poteet incident is a retired SFC/E-7, with RVN service with the Americal Division in 1973. According to retired CSM Tom P_______, his MOS was 11C40.
(I expect that the IN sergeant might have shot a Charlie or three.)

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Wow I Googled it and I recalled right 11Charlie is Mortars.
Illumination was big in the 60's and 70's.
Geoff
Who notes it's not as necessary in the high tech 21st century.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Skeptic49,

during the RVN period, 11C40 was a CREW-SERVED WEAPONS senior NCO, including:
1. the 106MM Recoiless Rifle,
(fwiw, i once had a 106 RR platoon, back in NOAH's day. the 106 was one FINE piece of ordnance, which "brought much smoke on" Mr Charlie!)

2.HEAVY MGs,
(Can you say, MA DUECE, children? SURE you CAN.)

3. demolition guns & anti-armor weapons

and

4. the 81MM & 4.2" Mortars.

yours, sw

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
It's almost always better to be the ambusher than the ambushee. :p

It was nice to read that the other two criminals took their trash out with them. People really are becoming more concerned about the environment, it seems.
Spot on!!

I'm not sure I'd do a media interview, but he may live in a state that will not allow civil cases for lethal force if the "victim" was in the commission of a felony (such a law is on the books in Arkansas, but I don't know which other states).

I'd have to say those guys were W A Y out of their league.

The only thing that could make this even better is if the guy cracked open a cold one while sitting in his chair waiting for the numb-nutz to come up the stairs. I mean, how often do you get to setup an ambush from a Lazy-Boy?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Skeptic49,
during the RVN period, 11C40 was a CREW-SERVED WEAPONS senior NCO, including:
1. the 106MM Recoiless Rifle,
(fwiw, i once had a 106 RR platoon, back in NOAH's day. the 106 was one FINE piece of ordnance, which "brought much smoke on" Mr Charlie!)
2.HEAVY MGs,
(Can you say, MA DUECE, children? SURE you CAN.)
3. demolition guns & anti-armor weapons
and
4. the 81MM & 4.2" Mortars.
yours, sw
Thanks, I remember it vaguely, I was more interested in fixing all the above, 45B20/45B30 45L30 1972-82.
Geoff
Who notes those were not the good old days...sigh.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Skeptic49,

fwiw, i once had a Spec5 in my platoon who "took out" a VC sniper with a "direct hit" with a 106RR @500M. - i guess that you could say that he (to quote Robert C. Ruark, the noted author/big game hunter of the 1950s-60s.) "used enough gun".

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
SW, I met a guy who took one out with a 2 1/2 ton truck. Really PO'd the local convoy guys, they were afraid he'd be replaced with someone who could shoot!

Geoff
Who wonders what happened to some of the guys he met in service.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Skeptic49.

CHUCKLE.

fwiw, an army engineer Spec4 MAY have been the deadliest of all to Charlie, as he used a bulldozer to bury VC in their tunnels. - that falls into the category of: whatever works!

yours, sw

1 - 18 of 18 Posts