Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a beautiful Saturday morning today. Saturday mornings at our club are always some kind of informal rifle shoot. The schedule may say M1's or AR-15's or varmint rifles, but it's really bring whatever you want to shoot. Today I had my favorite J.C.G. rifle and some HXP '69 ammo that I had weighed and checked for concentricity. I shot my best score ever from 200 yards. This was prone on a mat with a sling and shooting coat along with a glove on my offhand. Although I have fired several cleans (100 with any X count) with my National Match AR-15, I have never fired a clean with the Garand. Well, I still haven't, but with a 98-2X I'm sneaking up on it!

G

·
0 Posts
Rob P. said:
Nice shooting JAS. If you had to guess, what do you think caused the 2 strays?

Semper Fi, Rob
May I guess?

2 strays... Each from the last shot "Ping!" so 8th and 10th rounds. unless he used a full bloc again...

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was single loading using a sled. I don't consider anything in the black to be a stray. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
JAS said:
I was single loading using a sled. I don't consider anything in the black to be a stray. :mrgreen:
Amen JAS !! Not one lost sheep on that target at all , fine shooting to be sure !

Jack

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At my age, with my eyes, anything in the black is a victory! :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts