1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
And I used to think I was good because I could do that at 100 yards! :shock:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
I thought it was going to be Charlie and a prairie dog.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Kinda makes you think...if that bullet is dropping in from 150 feet above LOS, maybe a barricade isn't going to help you.

What you really need is a kevlar umbrella.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
A new goal... but the link didn't work for me...

So far the furthest I've stretched the .45 is to hit a concrete block @300

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
"Hey, see that guy under the car about a thousand yards out there? No, no, not that one...the other one. Yep, that's him. Well I'm gonna take a potshot at him."

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I watched that yesterday. Way freakin' cool.

Agreed on that bullets trajectory. More like a MIRV than a handgun bullet. :D

Charlie, PLEASE let me know before I make you mad. I can't SEE a concrete block 300 yards AWAY. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
and I was using iron sights... somebody should also point out that Jerry didn't hit the balloon, just the plate and either shock or fragments busted it.

I really do think the world of Jerry, but shouldn't we ask how much rehearsal it took?:rolleyes:

I really can see it, but the holdover is huge. My 200 gr. .45 @750 needed about 25'.

Walt and Terry, your assignment for the next gunstock to come up with a new challenge but we must include Tim and Mike

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Walt and Terry, your assignment for the next gunstock to come up with a new challenge but we must include Tim and Mike.
We include everybody.

Maybe pistols only on the Hathcock range.

I'll watch.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
All right...this is starting to get interesting. Many of you have heard of the game of Cornhole, basically Horseshoes with beanbags. If you need a refresher, here's a short video of a tournament:

I propose Handgun Cornhole, lobbing bullets into a similar-sized board at about 500 yards. We could even have a paper-covered hole to record holes-in-one.

Now, we'll need a volunteer to stand near the board to record hits and misses...

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I think the Hathcock range is only 200 yd but if we could put up a steel target of reasonable size I'll bring the prairie dog gun.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think the Hathcock range is only 200 yd but if we could put up a steel target of reasonable size I'll bring the prairie dog gun.
I was sort of kidding, it's all I can do to hit a big popper at 75.

I'll ask Tom, though - we might be able to use it for a short time.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts