Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out: 9x19 in a 9x18 PA-63 - YouTube

The slide doesn't even fully close on the 9x19 and he still fires it without incident? I gotta say, I was seriously cringing when I saw that.

So let's open this up for discussion. Is that common knowledge that you can shoot a 9x19 in a 9x18 in a pinch; and I'm just not in the know.

How in the world is that working? Is there so much gas blow by that the 9x19 becomes horribly under-powered, or is the front of the case sticking so strong that the thing doesn't cycle until chamber pressures are safe? I'm scratching my head man.

· Premium Member
7,059 Posts
What he didn't show was the fired 9x19 case.

I doubt that it is "common" knowledge and I'm not sure it was a great idea to post that but since the unsupported part of the case is at the web of the Luger it may not have distorted the case very much./

· Registered
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know, I look at that and I keep scratching my head. The PA-63 is made by FEG, and FEG was rather squared away. Putting more thought into this, the disconnector shouldn’t have allowed the gun to fire, but it did. Since the guy in the video is son nonchalant abut the whole thing, it makes me wonder if all PA-63’s will do this. And if they do, that further makes me wonder if this was by design.

Still, even if you got a FEG engineer to step up and say it was something they did intentionally; I wouldn’t do it. Call me weird, but I’m just funny about firing guns out of battery.

· Banned
3,647 Posts
To ALL,

YES it will "work" after a fashion BUT it's dangerous as H to do, EVEN ONCE.
(I suspect that my little MAK will do the same too BUT it is NOT A SAFE PRACTICE.)

otoh, I've "cut down" lots of 9mm parabellum cases & fireformed them in a MAK & it works FINE in a 9x18mm handgun.

yours, satx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.