Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago a friend gave me a great videotape called Rendezvous. It was originally out in 1976 and was done by director Claude LeLouch. It's only 9 minutes long, but it's better than any other high speed car scene ever shot. How was it done? Take a sports car, strap a camera to it, and blast through the streets of Paris at high speed!

Now this classic is available on DVD from Car & Driver for $37.45! You can order it here.

Believe me, this is a MUST HAVE! :thumbsup:

G

·
oh Oh OH.... now if I only had $38 bucks!!! Oh hell, the kids can go without food for a day... right!

Back in 1976, famed director Claude LeLouche made C'etait un Rendezvous, perhaps the most famous automotive cult movie of all time, a hair-raising 9-minute blast through Paris shot with a camera mounted to the nose of his car. Now, for the first time, the movie that "makes Bullitt look like a cartoon" is available through Car and Driver on DVD. Get yours now!

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The difference here is this crazy director strapped the camera to his (or someone's) car and then drove around like a mad man. No special effects, no stunt doubles, no blue screen.

Between Ronin and Bullitt, I prefer Bullitt. Everything about that chase scene is classic. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
When it comes to the Bullit chase scene, I could just listen to the sound and not even have to watch it... :shock:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Special Ed- I agree that the audio on the chase scene in "Bullitt" is real easy on the ears. In that same vein, the Matra/Ferrarri V-12 from "Rendesvous" is also real sweet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ah, yes, "Bullitt".

I remember being taken suddenly drunk, one night, in the Pierce Street Annex. The PSA was entitled "A Drinking Establisment", and I did my best...

Anyhow, I have vague memories of a 2AM drive uphill from there to my friends' house on California street, much as "Bullitt" drove downhill...

My high-speed play in Paris was mostly on an old Triumph Thunderbird; side-car sprocket but no side-car. I did get a few hours at the wheel of my gal's cousin's 4.9 Ferrari SuperAmerica, though. You can get to some incredible speeds on L'Autoroute del' Oest.

:), Art

G

·
Just got my DVD of Rendezvous in the mail today.

Plugged it in the DVD, cranked up the Surround Sound and touched her off.

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Ven, Ven, Ven,
Screeeeeeeeeeech, Ven, Verrrrrrrrrrr Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Screeech, Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Screeeeeeeeech, Ven, Ven, Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Only watched it 5 times in a row already. 8)

You can see where ALL these new drive through the streets PS2/Game Cube games got their idea from. But this is REAL!

G

·
Let my boss barrow the DVD to watch as he owns a couple Ferrari (I guess there is no plural to Ferrari... kind of like Moose).

I get a call at about 1930 that evening from him.... "Gunny, that movie really gets your blood going!! And the great part about it is that the sound of a Ferrari hasn't changed in 30 years."

The next day he told me he then went out to dinner after he called and brought his Bentley up to speed (140 or so MPH) on I4 for a few minutes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Last rumour I heard was that the car used was a French Matra, and not a Ferrari.

Nothing like the sound of any V-12 going full out, no matter what it's nationality.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Insane!

Well that was much better than coughing up 30+ bucks! Thanks for the link.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts