Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine came up to me after church last sunday and asked me if there would be any horses in Heaven. Well I knew she was a horse lover so I thought I would have a little fun with her. I told her that the bible does not make any direct verses of any horses being in heaven except two breeds and they are the charley horse and the three minute breed. She should have known better then to have my exsplain to her what these breeds were. so her edjucation continued. I told her that the charley horse would only appear if she was on her knees praying for too long of time and then tried to get up. She would then get a charley horse. The three minute horse would only be in heaven if she got hungry. Thats when you take a big horse steak and grill it on both sides for three minutes then add a few spices and gulp it down. She actually hit me right infront of God and every one. I used to love horses untill my next door friend came over one day for me to take her to the hostpital. she held out her thumb and from the first knuckle the meat was stripped off. You guessed it, she was holding her hay wrong when trying to feed her horse and he stripped that thumb clean to the bone. So have any of you other horse persons have any interesting tales to tell?
Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tell your friend to read Revelation 6-2 and 19-11. Since Jesus is comming back on a white horse, there has to be some up there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It happened, as they still went on, and talked, that behold, [there appeared] a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, which parted them both apart; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

:lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a short,true story.

I used to have a bay gelding named Champ when I was about 6.Champ was about 18 and the calmest,quietest horse I have ever seen.My uncle and little cousin,ted, came over and wanted to ride Champ.

My dad put the saddle and bridle on him and my uncle and ted,who was about 2 at the time,got on. They went walking around the pasture,then all of a sudden they both slipped off the side in one smooth motion. As soon as they hit the ground Champ stopped and turned back at them.

Everybody rushed over.Noone was hurt,the saddle hadnt been tight enough.The saddle was still hanging to the side.Ted rubbed his head and solemnly said,"that horse bucked me off,he bucked me right off." His eyes were so wide. Everybody cracked up.

G

·
0 Posts
In his day, my Dad used to have

to break horses to work with. He had no time for fancy stuff,nor any interest. His Dad used to buy any hammerhead that should have been shipped to the glue factory, and expected his eldest son to make them into something useful. Dad took them down to the creek, got them at least hock deep in wet sand, and got on, with a pair of the old, very thick Coke bottles full of warm water in his coverall pockets. He said that breaking that bottle over a bucking horse's head, and having the warm water run down his nose, would mellow out the worst, while nearly beating them to death with a club often had no desirable effect at all.

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Re: In his day, my Dad used to have

jumpy said:
…a pair of the old, very thick Coke bottles full of warm water in his coverall pockets. He said that breaking that bottle over a bucking horse's head, and having the warm water run down his nose, would mellow out the worst, while nearly beating them to death with a club often had no desirable effect at all.
Yup, the concept being that the horse will feel the warm water after the impact, think it's his own blood, and since, in theory, a horse will never repeat any action which has caused him harm, it'll never try to buck a rider again.

Learned that one 'bout 45 years ago from the father of a gal I was dating… had played his way through Yale on a polo pony, and knew a thing or three about horses.

But his method didn't require coke bottles, or risk serious injury… he recommended a three-foot length of ordinary hose with one end securely corked with a clamp. That was the end the rider gripped, so that when the horse was whacked between the ears, the less secure cork would pop and release the warm water down his neck. If it got anywhere near his mouth, he could probably taste it and might defeat the deception.

I always like that approach… more humane than smashing a heavy glass bottle… and found it amusing, to boot. Kinda like the mischievous school boys in Jacques Tati's Mon Oncle who would, when cars were in line at a stop light, one would quickly jump on and off a vehicle's rear bumper while a cohort would simultaneously bang a metal garbage can top against an adjacent wrought iron fence. They would then scamper off to a safe distance while the lead driver was taking outraged issue with the driving skills of the person behind him.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Goodness. And to think that today's horsemen handle theirs from birth, use a roundpen to start training & generally don't have much bucking when we first back 'em.

I guess that's called progress.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts