Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, my house got broken into yesterday morning. The only thing taken was the Stackon Lockable Cabinet I keep my shooters in. Among them was my Match Garand. It's a SA, SN.980584. VAR Barrel, Wenig Stockset, type 2 Hooded NM rear, 77-series RA NM Op-rod, Web Sling. Pic Follows. If you see this rifle, contact me here or E-mail or call the Goshen Police at 513-732-2231 or 513-722-3200.

Here's the Rifle;

Here's a close-up of the receiver, also the 1911A1 in the photo was stolen, it now has a skeletonized Wilson Combat Commander Hammer and wilson ambi thumbsafety.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry for your loss. It is terrible to think that a match rifle like that might wind up being used "inappropriately".
I suggest the site start a sticky or a permanent forum for these posts so that we can all help look for them. It may never show up way out here, but it is now on my list (with several others).
As a positive note, I recovered my Epiphone guitar 5 years later because I filed a report and kept a copy, kept the # in my little book, and made a whole lot of noise about it when it was finally located.
Finally, thanks for the interesting contributions to the site.
Regards, Wilbur
P.S. Bigger, heavier gun safe!!!! Alarm system!! Total would most likely be less than the value of this rifle.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sounds like someone you know may have been the culprit since the gun cabinet was the only thing taken. Maybe someone familiar with you discussed it with dishonest people. Anyway, look amongst those that knew what you had.....keep us posted...please.

·
Registered
1 Posts
do a search on stolen guns. there are some sights that you can register your guns on as stolen and who to report them too. Not sure how many but I know there are at least 3 out there.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update;
None of the guns have turned up as yet. However, bought a new gunsafe, a 450 pound Steelwater. They walk out with this one they'll be easy to identify...they'll be the ones with high, squeeky voices!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts