Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw an article in AH that seemed to be praising the quality of A-Merc's (American Ammunition Co.) products. Unless they have done a whole lot of changing in the last few months, that has not been my experience with their products. I bought some .45acp from Natchez, and ended up throwing most of it away. I even contacted Natchez by phone about it, and the rep told me this was not an isolated incident.

I experienced some of the bullets being seated too deeply, some obvious (to me) overloads, and some obvious (to me) underloads all within the same box of 50. I didn't bother using the other boxes I had purchased. I think they had a serious QC problem. Inexpensive is one thing, poor quality is another.

Anyone else here have any experience and/or comments?

Harvey

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I've seen of the IMI involvement so far is in .308 Match, 158gr Subsonic 9mm and .50 AE. I don't know what IMI's role is -- exporter or partner, but I hope you are right about IMI being able to lift A-Merc.

The article was in the Gunnysack Column, written by Roy Huntington, and he said they fired some of it. The boxes shown in the article are different than those I received, and look to have the IMI logo on it in addition to A-Merc's, so maybe they have straightened out their act?

I sent an "onion" letter to Natchez after I talked with them, and they passed it on to A-Merc. I got an e-mail from A-Merc shortly thereafter, asking me for the lot numbers of the ammunition. I had already said in my letter that I had pitched what I had, so I couldn't give them lot numbers. They did send some additional .45 ammunition in the same original packaging after a few weeks to replace what I had originally purchased, but I'm hesitant to either use it or give it away. Hopefully, they inspected this lot before they shipped it to me.

Harvey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.