Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Gun Zone today received from a visitor the alarming news:
Your web has been hacked. When clicking on some of the Kerry pages, they take you to his campaign headquarters page.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Reference site being hacked. Try "Kerry on the NRA"

Ken
Well, no, The Gun Zone, I am delighted to report, has not been "hacked" (or for that matter even "cracked," the appropriate term.)

Those links to Kerry's positions on guns, crime and the NRA are there on purpose so visitors can see that the "rhetoric" is his, not ours, and that it comes straight from the horse's, um, patoot!

The Kerry Campaign, however, seems to have changed their intra-site navigation, is all, and if you click on some of their links, you will doubtless note that they themselves have not updated some of their own links, and that intercept page appears.

I surmise… and this is pure conjecture on my part… that the Great Waffler may be revising his thoughts on the NRA in specific, and firearms owners in general.

Perhaps his staff got frightened by the way gun-owners turned the deceptive 9 May CNN "Assault Weapons Ban" poll around... we shall see.

My own view is that unless someone brings George Bush the head of UBL by 1 September, all Kerry has to do is keep his trousers reasonably well-zipped, dodge the angry Veterans groups a while longer, and he'll be sworn in as #44 next January.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Dean Speir said:
My own view is that unless someone brings George Bush the head of UBL by 1 September, all Kerry has to do is keep his trousers reasonably well-zipped, dodge the angry Veterans groups a while longer, and he'll be sworn in as #44 next January.
That is a scary thought INDEED!! I am not a full Bush supporter, but I believe he is the lesser of the 3 evils.

Mike

·
Registered
723 Posts
I fear Dean is correct.

Bush got less than half the vote last time, which means a lot of gun owners did not vote, or voted for Gore anyway. The mess in FL (and it's 90,000 Nader voters, god bless 'em every one) put Bush in office.

Bush will have to keep the votes he got last time, and get some from the Gore/Nader side; just don't see that happening... or as many Nader voters voting Nader again in FL or anywhere else. ;)

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
MikeO said:
Bush will have to keep the votes he got last time,...
I'm not too sure of that. He's managed to PO a lot of gunnies down here in Texas with his back door support of the AWB. And Sen Fineswine, D-CA, pulled a slick one and by passed the committees with her SB2498 - a standalone extension of the ban. Looks like she and the usual suspects plan on make Bush 43 put up or shut up on this one. The bill is on the Senate calendar so call your Senators ASAP.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Don't worry be happy

Bush has OBL locked up on an island in the Indian ocean. They will reveal I mean capture him just before the elections...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Deep background sources hint that OBL's people are in the final stages of negotiations with the Kerry campaign for second spot on the November ticket. BL wants to keep the turban; Kerry's people want him in a berét.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks like she and the usual suspects plan on make Bush 43 put up or shut up on this one.
Frankly, I think it's about time for G.W. to put up or shut up. Too many of our politicians are scared to death of the AWB. They worry more about the latest poll that just saying what they believe. One of the reasons our Beloved Pres. Reagan was so popular was that he spoke his mind and you knew where he stood on issues. It was then your decision to agree or not.

Today, politicians try to be on both or neither side of an issue at the same time. Kerry comes to mind for some reason.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
I hate to rain on Reagun, but he wasn't the gun owners friend. He signed the FOPA of 1986 which gave us the Hughes Act. Now class III firearms have been priced out of reach of most gunnies and no hope in sight. Thank goodness Hughes blundered in his language of we would have no class III available to non-LEOs. Then Reagon spoke for the AWB after leaving the Weißes Haus.

Now we have Bush 43, another politician who got the reputation of being pro-gun just by being politically astute when running for govenor. But during Campaign 2000 he came out for the AWB. Then in 2003 he let his PressSec state the President was still for the AWB. The Ds are going to have a field day with this before 17 September 2004. They are already asking if he really meant what he said in 2000 or did he lie. And if he meant it, why isn't he pushing the Republican control Legislature to bring it on. The House is currently the only stumbling block. The Senate has enough RINOs to help the Ds pass the bill. That became evident when Fineswine's amendment 2637 extending the AWB another 10 passed with flying colors. This was a win for the antis. Even though the didn't get the AWB extended, they did get S1805 killed. This bill would have prevented frivalous lawsuits against gun makers from crimes committed at some furture date with a gun that had been legally sold.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I didn't say Reagan was anyone's friend. I was pointing out that he said what he meant and meant what he said and didn't care about what the polls said. Today's Politicians have forgotten that, and try to be for all things at all times depending on what group they are addressing. Your post about GW just proves my point.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How do we get the country to understand that fighting terrorism is vital to our safety? That fighting in the Middle East is better than fighting in New York? That a Usam Bin Laden-run Saudia Arabia would result in a world depression if he controlled their oil?

Compare Bush versus Kerry on those questions and guess how long before we end up in the crapper if Kerry actually wins.

I am keeping my survival gear ready.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts