Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
I remember it well, we had the 45 when if first came out. (I still like the Battle of New Orleans though.

Ed

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know Joe. I noticed that when I finished the post. As to how you "hotkey" a link, I wouldn't know that from a 1995 Lincoln Town Car.

HEY BLOOF, IN AUGUST YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T KNOW A MAIN SEWER LINE FROM A 1995 LINCOLN TOWN CAR!!! WHAT GIVES?!?!?!?!?!!!? roared the 63,571 barbecue eatin' fans in Knob Creek Stadium.

Well, what gives is that now I DO know a main sewer line from a 1995 Lincoln Town Car. :D

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Bloofie -- either you did what was done in fixing your post for you by adding the http://www. in front of the web name or you can simply post something like I do when I post links to news sites -- for example:

for the rest of the story click {url=http://www.whateversiteyouhave}HERE{/url} please note I intentionally inserted the { bracket instead of the [ bracket so the forum software would show the example.

either way works so a reader can simply click on the site and be re-directed to it.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uhhhhhh Mike, I hate to test your patience, but I lost you after "Bloofie".

Please remember you're talking to a blond here, and one who is known far and wide as . . .

THE GREAT DUMBONI.

:dunno: :duh: :dunno: :duh: :flush:

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, by the way Ed:

"In 1814 we took a little trip,
Along with Colonel Jackson down the Mighty Mississip,
We took a little bacon and we took a little beans,
And caught the bloody British at the town o' New Orleans, . . ."

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Bloofington said:
Uhhhhhh Mike, I hate to test your patience, but I lost you after "Bloofie".

Please remember you're talking to a blond here, and one who is known far and wide as . . .

THE GREAT DUMBONI.

:dunno: :duh: :dunno: :duh: :flush:
Dumboni --go look at your original note in this thread ---- in the act of being a moderator and fixing a link in a members post I simply went in and added the "HTTP://WWW." to the "webfitz.com/lyrics/Lyrics/1967/321967.html " you had originally posted . your string without what I added does not make a correct link. With the http://www. added to it, a member can simply bring his cursor over the "link" and click on it --- and this action will open another Window which re-directs to the mentioned website.

Should you wish to not post a long URL so it shows in a post, you simply do the second thing I described to you above. If you follow my instructions (with the appropriate changes from a { } to [ ] all that will show in the post is the word HERE that when a person puts their cursor over it and clicks, will do the same thing (open another window and re-direct to the appropriate website link/url you posted.

Capice??? Frishtay??

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now I get it. The wording "either you did what was done for you" was what got my head spinning, and after that I was just like the Aflac duck. I get it now, my original post did not have the vital prefix. Thank you.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Yes grasshopper --- you now have knowledge. <G>

Besides keeping an eye on the forum for inappropriate posts and those that violate our forum policies A moderator is supposed to fix errors (when possible) that make the board easier to use/read.

(note to Bloofie --- look how you can take your cursor over the words "forum policies" above and if you click it, that will take you to our forum policies--- I also added bold and color to make it stand out that this is a "link" --- I could have also simply posted this as: http://www.ambackforum.com/forum_policies.php and they both do the same thing)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Link doesn't work?

Hey Mike,

Your link: {url=http://www.whateversiteyouhave}

doesn't work. :twisted:

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Re: Link doesn't work?

BigMike said:
Hey Mike,

Your link: {url=http://www.whateversiteyouhave}

doesn't work. :twisted:
I always say it is far better to be a smart a$$ than a dumba$$ :twisted: :twisted:

[sarcasm]I had to list it that way because if I posted it in correct format, the software would have automatically turned it into a working link which would have defeated the purpose of posting something to properly teach the Great Dumboni how to compose correctly. [/sarcasm] :wink:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Hey Bloof

We fired are cannon till the barrel melted down
Then we grabbed and alligator and fired another round
We filled his head with cannon balls and powdered his behind
And when we set the powder off that gator lost his mind...

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fired our guns and the British kept a comin',
Wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago,
Fired once more and they began to runnin',
On down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico,

:D

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
OK. let's get this song in order, shall we? :wink: And I think there's at least one and possibly two more verses.

In 1814 we took a little trip
Along with Colonel Jackson down the Mighty Mississip.
We took a little bacon and we took a little beans,
And we met the bloody British at the town o' New Orleans.

(Chorus)
We fired our guns and the British kept comin',
Wasn't quite as many as there was a while ago.
We fired once more and they began a runnin',
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.

Ol' Hickory said we could take 'em by suprise
If we didn't fire our muskets 'til we looked 'em 'tween the eyes.
We held our fire 'til we see their faces well,
Then we opened up our squirrel guns and really gave 'em well....

(Chorus)
(Chorus second verse)
Well, they ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles,
And they ran through the bushes where a rabbit wouldn't go!
They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch 'em,
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.

We fired our cannons 'til the barrels melted down,
So we grabbed an alligator and we fought another round.
Filled his head with cannonball, powdered his behind,
And when we touched the powder off, the 'gator lost his mind!

(Chorus, both verses)

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You know Mr. Jefferies, I used to think that was the whole song too, until I did a google search the other day. Quite interesting how the song was written and when you see all the lyrics you realize why if they didn't cut it down it would have never made the radio, so they boiled it all down to what you just posted. That was a great song, and to this day I still love it. Powdered an alligator's behind. Priceless. :D

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now you're really getting me started.

Oh Susanna, oh don't you cry for me,
Cause I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee,

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Richard Jefferies said:
OK. let's get this song in order, shall we? :wink: And I think there's at least one and possibly two more verses.
Without looking it up I know there is at least one more verse that goes something like this"

We looked down the river and we seen(sic) the British come
There must have been a hundred of them beating on their drums
They stepped so high and they made their bugles ring
We stood by our cotton bales and didn't say a thing...

or something like that

Bloof, Oh Susana was the first Nationwide Pop hit. Though now it is considered controversial due to words and references in the later verses.

Ed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts