Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afghan Mountains, mid-July, 2004

A friend of mine sent me this photo recently. It was taken from the plane that flew him and some other people into a high desert (7000 ft. AMSL) area just out of the picture.

Col. Jeff has hunted in Afghanistan, and says that Afghanis are good shots. So is my friend, but I don't know if that is what he is doing.

The photo may have been taken in mid-afternoon. It looks like South is up, and West is right, but those are just my guesses from the snow and shadow patterns.

It is posted on my screen as wallpaper, and will stay up to remind me, every day when I sit down at my PC, that he and other Americans are there carrying rifles, for you and for me. Look at it now, in July. Can you imagine what it will be like in January? Each time that snow capped rugged terrain comes up, I am reminded to say a few good words for him, and for them.

The original image is about 2.6Mb (2272x1704). If you want a higher quality image than what is on your screen now, let me know. I have a 40Kb (max) phone line, so please don't ask unless you intend to display it. I have PixResizer, and would prefer to send one of their standard size reductions (to save us both connect time). Send your request to me through the AmBack Forum, including a direct e-mail address.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Magnificent! (and such a shame too) I've always viewed rugged land as pretty, that's why I like the South West so much. Too bad I'm stuck on the east coast.... for now.

Ed

·
Registered
200 Posts
Fantastic shot of those mountain ridges, BigMike. That is an example of why some mountains don't have a top, the way some people think!

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Lots and lots of nooks and crannies in which to hide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts