Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a google search and came up with several products that can couple two magazines together and all seem to have mixed reviews. Does anyone have magazine couplers that they do or don't recommend? Maybe give me a quick review of what you like about them or don't like about a certain kind/brand, and possibly where you purchased. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Magazine couplers are long on theory, real short on practicality. In the field you are likely to lose a magazine, better one than three..

The US Army tried several and were not really satisfied with any.

If the 30 or 40 rounds isn't enough...maybe it's a job for a belt fed LMG?

Geoff
Who notes the magazine locking system isn't designed for 2 or 3 times the weight.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so they are just a product designed to part people with their money and nothing else? :lol: I'm glad I checked here before dropping the money on one to try. However, I do appreciate the Duck Tape suggestion, is there nothing that stuff can't do? :D And I've seen it in designer colors now too, even camo! I'll just buy a roll and problems solved. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
If you want to experiment with the duck tape (TM) do not tape the magazines bottom to bottom. This puts the open end of a loaded magazine into the sand of the swampy desert. (Swampy desert: generic description of most rifle ranges.)

Best to tape at 90 degrees, the Israelis had a factory clip that held two Uzi SMG magazines together that way. You will still be waving the open end of a magazine out in the weather and blowing dust.

Geoff
Who notes speed magazine changes requires practice, not gimmicks. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts