3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started watching this.

The future of law enforcement.

It's not awful.

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
I watched the first six episodes in the last couple weeks. Watched Ep 7 yesterday. I think I'm pretty much through with it. They used up all the novelty of the premise and have fallen pretty much into formula already.

It's not a horrible show, it's just not worth my time when there are so many other things on I want to see right now.

I agree that it's pretty well done, though.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I saw the pilot episode.
"Cute" androids ended with Mr. Data.
I use to love shows like this -- SiFi stuff. I still enjoy reruns of The Six Million Dollar Man even though he was really a cyborg. Some other cyborg/android Sifi was interesting -- in fact Isaac Asimov's I Robot series with the laws of robotics was imaginative and fun.
Twiki on Buck Rogers in the 25th Century was silly.:roll:
Lost in Space's Robot was cleverly done for 1960s TV.
The robot on Forbidden Planet was formidible, and even more impressive than the Lost in Space robot as it was a decade earlier.

Snake45 said:
They used up all the novelty of the premise and have fallen pretty much into formula already.
This. I guess I just "saw it coming."
Or I guess maybe I have reached a point in life where all the stuff is old.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yeah, Charlie, that was funny. And you have to admit that was one obnoxious android.

Really, for a Monday night early prime time show, I don't think it's too awfully bad. I think it might last a season or two.

And isn't the actor who plays the cop the same guy that plays McCoy in the new Star Trek movies?

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
I just loved it in the last one where the real cop shot the droid that wouldn't shut up
Didn't see that but sounds kinda like in the first episode where the hero shoves the noseybot out of the car and under the bus*.

*Semi-truck, actually. A big one.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John Larroquette makes an appearance next week.

LOL @ TG.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Yeah, Charlie, that was funny. And you have to admit that was one obnoxious android.

Really, for a Monday night early prime time show, I don't think it's too awfully bad. I think it might last a season or two.

And isn't the actor who plays the cop the same guy that plays McCoy in the new Star Trek movies?
I thought he NAILED the McCoy character.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Let us NEVER get started on the Trek Dreck mess. If I had been writing it, I just would have selected an Enterprise of the many available and put in a new crew. Instead the Hollywackadoos had to follow "THE HOLY SACRED FORMULA" and rewrite future history with time travel.
BUT, that's OK, the movie was a hit and we are stuck with it.
Geoff
Who demands a sane and logical behavior in my SF&F or at least reasonably consistent.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Let me get this straight a Cop destroys megabucks in Department equipment and doesn't end up fired or walking a beat in Pookipsie?
Geoff
Who suspension of disbelief failed the sanity check watching the first show repeat.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Let me get this straight a Cop destroys megabucks in Department equipment and doesn't end up fired or walking a beat in Pookipsie?
Geoff
Who suspension of disbelief failed the sanity check watching the first show repeat.
Yeah Geoff, but they never show what happens after a cop shoots someone in the "real life" TV dramas either. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts