Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:censored:
So we currently have 11 States where there are more people living off the government then paying taxes...I read an article a while back that when that number hits 16 States we will be to far gone to recover as a Nation... :twisted:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
We were screwed as a nation the minute it was discovered that unproductive people could vote to take money from productive people, and "redistribute" it to themselves. The only way Democrats remain competitive in this country is by buying votes with this transfer of wealth.

There is a simple fix: We keep "one man, one vote", but, in addition, everyone gets one vote for every thousand dollars he or she pays in taxes. That way, the people who are paying the bills have the greatest say in how the money is spent.

"But wait," some will say, "that would mean that the rich control everything!"

Not so. The Left has been telling us for years that the "rich" don't pay their "fair share" (whatever that is), and that the tax burden falls disproportionately on the middle class. Well, then, lets give the purse strings back to the responsible wage-earners.

The tax-and-budget system we have now is like handing your checkbook to your adolescent kids, and having them run the household.

Under the new system, the checkbook goes back to the grownups.

I know, fat chance.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Well in the beginning it was thought that Land Owners should only have that right.I do not think our founders got it wrong but all could be traced back to alot of the 20th century progressives and Johnson's Great Society being the greatest demise ever implemented!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
We were screwed as a nation the minute it was discovered that unproductive people could vote to take money from productive people, and "redistribute" it to themselves. The only way Democrats remain competitive in this country is by buying votes with this transfer of wealth.

There is a simple fix: We keep "one man, one vote", but, in addition, everyone gets one vote for every thousand dollars he or she pays in taxes. That way, the people who are paying the bills have the greatest say in how the money is spent.

Not so. The Left has been telling us for years that the "rich" don't pay their "fair share" (whatever that is), and that the tax burden falls disproportionately on the middle class. Well, then, lets give the purse strings back to the responsible wage-earners.

The tax-and-budget system we have now is like handing your checkbook to your adolescent kids, and having them run the household.

I know, fat chance.
Disagree.
Don't give extra votes to people who pay more taxes.
If you don't pay taxes, you don't vote.
If you are on the government dole, then for every year you receive largesse from the taxpayers, you must go eighteen months without voting once you get off the dole. If you're not off the dole by, say age 40, then you forfeit the vote permanently.
I know. Fat chance with that, too.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
:rolleyes:

I know, fat chance.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much logic in that Captain! The Demoncrats would never allow that to happen. There clientele are the leaches of society. The non-producing lot that always has a hand-out for more government cheese....

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I hate to say it, hardly ever missing a vote since I was 21 years old (18 YO was too young back then.) BUT, Government Civilian Employees should not have the right to vote, or take the 5th when questioned, or be a member of a union, or make political donations directly or indirectly.
No one receiving more than 50% of their income from the Government (Not including the illusion of Social Security retirement or assumed pension payments, or Retirement payments) should be allowed to vote.

Geoff
Who has been defending the nation for 41 years this month...and who doesn't think the nation has survived.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Isn't that how Rome fell...The ruling class gave the people bread and circuses to keep them happy and distracted.

Those who ignore history...:censored:

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
The end is not here. This is somewhat cyclical and really endemic of the bad economic situation we find ourselves in. It would be so easy to just dump it all on the Democrats for their Stimulus but let us not forget that stimulus was a republican plan created immediately after TARP. It was only administered under Democrats. Of course in the grand tradition of Washington, the people who were all for it under Bush, were suddenly all against it now that Obama is in office. Don’t confuse this as an apologetic for Obama; quite the contrary. The point being BOTH parties are failing us. Had McCain won we would have been in precisely the same situation we’re in now. We as a nation have to stop the “insanity”, meaning we have to stop voting for the same two parties expecting a better result every time. The differences between the two economically speaking just aren’t much different anymore.

But as I said, the end is not coming…yet. We’re going through the 2nd worst economics of the past 200 years, so you should expect to see disappointing statistics. I really think it will be a good decade for an actual recovery, stimulus or no stimulus. The reason is because our economy is so influenced by the housing market; a market that his HORRIBLY over-supplied at this point. That fundamental imbalance has to be either balanced again, or our economy needs to find a different driver. Stimulus can’t change the fundamentals of a housing based economy, it just eases the pain as we limp along to recovery. Like Japan we will have the lost decade (at least) of hum-drum economic numbers.

But the numbers we’re seeing about those who rely on the government is a symptom of two things; over-dependence on government programs, and lack of jobs. For those who are trying to find a job and just can’t get one; I have no issue with extended unemployment or even welfare. When jobs come, they will take jobs and resume their lives. It’s those who choose government support as a way of life; that needs sharp reforming.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
:-?
The end is not here. This is somewhat cyclical and really endemic of the bad economic situation we find ourselves in. It would be so easy to just dump it all on the Democrats for their Stimulus but let us not forget that stimulus was a republican plan created immediately after TARP. It was only administered under Democrats. Of course in the grand tradition of Washington, the people who were all for it under Bush, were suddenly all against it now that Obama is in office. Don't confuse this as an apologetic for Obama; quite the contrary. The point being BOTH parties are failing us. Had McCain won we would have been in precisely the same situation we're in now. We as a nation have to stop the "insanity", meaning we have to stop voting for the same two parties expecting a better result every time. The differences between the two economically speaking just aren't much different anymore.

But as I said, the end is not coming…yet. We're going through the 2nd worst economics of the past 200 years, so you should expect to see disappointing statistics. I really think it will be a good decade for an actual recovery, stimulus or no stimulus. The reason is because our economy is so influenced by the housing market; a market that his HORRIBLY over-supplied at this point. That fundamental imbalance has to be either balanced again, or our economy needs to find a different driver. Stimulus can't change the fundamentals of a housing based economy, it just eases the pain as we limp along to recovery. Like Japan we will have the lost decade (at least) of hum-drum economic numbers.

But the numbers we're seeing about those who rely on the government is a symptom of two things; over-dependence on government programs, and lack of jobs. For those who are trying to find a job and just can't get one; I have no issue with extended unemployment or even welfare. When jobs come, they will take jobs and resume their lives. It's those who choose government support as a way of life; that needs sharp reforming.
I part waves here, only because IF we were in the same situation if McCain or Romney had been elected I think the accountability would have been different on things such as Benghazi or the IRS scandal. I don't blame the demoncrats necessarily but there is a tendency to "duck n cover" under this regime and he gives the appearance of Teflon. He claims ignorance to all the scandals going on and the American people seem to let him wiggle off the hook more easily than previous presidents. I think out of fear of being called a bigot or racist. He seems bent on re-writing our amendment rights, especially the 2nd. Here's a link to show my view. IMHO http://www.infowars.com/obama-i-am-constrained-by-the-system-our-founders-put-in-place/

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
:-?
I part waves here, only because IF we were in the same situation if McCain or Romney had been elected I think the accountability would have been different on things such as Benghazi or the IRS scandal. I don't blame the demoncrats necessarily but there is a tendency to "duck n cover" under this regime and he gives the appearance of Teflon. He claims ignorance to all the scandals going on and the American people seem to let him wiggle off the hook more easily than previous presidents. I think out of fear of being called a bigot or racist. He seems bent on re-writing our amendment rights, especially the 2nd. Here's a link to show my view. IMHO
Well that's a completely different subject; I thought we were talking economics. But yeah, the Benghazi thing would receive WAY more scrutiny…way more.

While on that subject, I just don't get the administration. I know they're trying to cover up a CIA op; that's pretty obvious. Now we all know the CIA was there to make sure the crazies didn't get their hands on the "good stuff" such as advanced SAM's and such. That's an EASILY defendable operation if they'd just come out and cop to it. The thing that really irks me is what if they're trying to cover something else up.

As for a cover up on the response, I think the released e-mails show there's controversy there for Monday morning quarterbacks, and there's mistakes that are easily explained away. What I don't understand is the stonewalling from the White House; it's DUMB!! You know, they NEVER get caught on the underlying controversy; it's always the cover up. And while I'm not a Republican or a Democrat and don't really have a dog in the fight; I just inherently distrust government…so I don't trust Obama. I'm taking the Missouri approach; show me.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
KevinGibson,

AGREED.

WHERE is JUDGE JOHN SIRICA, when we NEED him?
(Can we "re-animate him" long enough to LOCK-UP all the current CROOKS in ZERO's MIS-administration???)

yours, sw

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
KevinGibson,

AGREED.

WHERE is JUDGE JOHN SIRICA, when we NEED him?
(Can we "re-animate him" long enough to LOCK-UP all the current CROOKS in ZERO's MIS-administration???)

yours, sw
I'm not convinced they're crooks in this particular case; but I just kind of assume so because they won't come clean.

I would LOVE to know the "rest of the story" in Benghazi. Take a look at the competence level of the two guys who responded…those were some serious players. NOT ONE of the people rescued has talked to the press (that I'm aware of). I'm 99.9999% sure that's because they're all spooks. The CIA had a serious operation going in Benghazi and I'm sure that's why they were targeted. The ambassador may have been a retaliatory target, or just a target of convenience. But I'm betting the CIA was putting the hurting on some crazies in some way or another (funding/training the opposition, denying arms…any number of things) and they got pissed off about it and decided to hit the CIA.

I assume that there could be something else going on, but I have to remember how dumb the Obama Administration is…

The response or lack of response to the attack can be explained in any number of ways. When it all hits the fan, there is a LOT of confusion. I can see any number of mistakes that could have been made that are easily explainable to the fog of war. I don't see much in the way of controversy in how it was handled because having worked in emergency services for 16 years, I know that every now and then, things get screwed up. It usually starts with ONE bad piece of information, that causes a series of bad or inappropriate decisions afterward. We've looked at "bad" incidents and that's almost always how it happens. So I don't immediately blame the administration…but I sure the hell want to know what happened.

But then I look at the stonewalling and I have to remember who this is; the Obama Administration. Similar to the Clinton Admin but worse when it comes to their fear of bad press. They seem to have a rather irrational fear of the Republican party and their ability to shine light on their failures. This is the one are where the Dems just can't help themselves and they always become the "Dums".

So there's a part of me that considers that there may not be anything truly "bad" per-se, but they're so paranoid the Right will twist things they're just covering everything up. May sound crazy, but the Dem's do stupid things all the time. I mean, Clinton lied under oath over a blow job; how freaking stupid is that? All to try to avoid bad press. And from what I've seen, Obama is even more worried about bad press.

The big joke of the whole thing is how much of a pass Dem's get from the press; and they're STILL paranoid. What idiots!

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
KevinGibson,

This bunch of Chicago THUGS make Nixon's "third-rate burglars" & SELF-important morons LOOK like absolute "saints". - I wish that I could tell what friends in the USSS & USMS have told me & my "brother of the heart" about the UTTER DISHONESTY, bribe-taking & just plain STEALING at the WH & OEOB, since 01/20/09 but I cannot W/O the "sources" getting fired for "talking out of school".

As WILL ROGERS said, "We have the best government that money can buy."
(WR was correct in 1935 about FDR & about what is going on in the federal government NOW, too.)

yours, satx

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and the whole deal with Rice getting "rewarded" by an appointment to ambassador by POTUS. I'm sure that was for falling on the sword over the Benghazi cover up. So much "duck n cover" going on, it feels much like the pea and shell game. :confused:

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Ratfink2U,

YEP.

ZERO & his coven of Chicago crooks are "a real piece of work"!!!!

yours, sw

1 - 20 of 32 Posts