Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this poster in London yesterday. Given the rather bohemian nature of the neighborhood (Portobello Road in Notting Hill) I'm sure it's meant to be derogatory, but I rather like it. If the store had been open I'd have bought a couple.

I'm sure there are some folks in ISIS right now who would see no irony in it.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I'm with you, Jim! I'd love to have that one hanging on my office wall.

I'm in North Alabama...no political correctness here! :rock::rock::cryinlaugh:

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
As is becomiong increasingly common, I am only getting that &^$$*()%% red "X" in a box where the poster should display.:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
As is becomiong increasingly common, I am only getting that &^$$*()%% red "X" in a box where the poster should display.:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::banghead:
Click on my link.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Tommy Gunn check the settings on your blocker. Pop-up and security.
Geoff
Who has locked down Mozzilla considerable of late.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
UH-60 with rocket pods?
Sounds like old USSR style air assault.
Better an AH-64 or a new just off the line AH-1Z.
Geoff
Who notes when he was a young troop the AH-1 was an interim temporary soon-to-be-gone cobbled together substitute for a real gun ship to be delivery directly if not sooner....

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Tommy Gunn check the settings on your blocker. Pop-up and security.
Geoff
Who has locked down Mozzilla considerable of late.
Nothing wrong there I can find ... ... :duh:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
It's called a DAP package: "Direct Action Penetrator."

There's something that just sounds eloquently wrong about it... I look forward to seeing 'em eff some Daeshbags Real Good soon.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like that..."package". It sounds like a dealer option.

"Of course you'll want the DAP package. With that you get the roof rack, daytime LED running lights, heated side view mirrors, and of course the sixteen Hellfires."

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
IIRC, the L-model Blackhawks were the first to be fitted with a serious External Stores Support System--the K was fitted for drop tanks, but only one on each side if memory serves, and I think wiring the birds to carry armament in addition to tanks was a retrofit or mid-production upgrade.

Don't look at me, my knowledge re the Blackhawk family is lacking, most of my rotary-wing study has been on the S-65/S-80 (Sea Stallion/Super Jolly/Pave Low/Super Stallion) family--with the Mi-24/35 Hind as runner up.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I read the blurb on the artist. They're still blaming Bush.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Let me see, data link an element of AH-64s to the UH-60 haulers below the tree line and masked by terrain. Then commence to ripple fire. Should make things very interesting for a tank battalion.

Geoff
Who figures maybe a whole brigade?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Geoff, problem there is 16x is the same capacity as the Apache--and Obuttf*** is out to kill the Hellfire too.

However, the idea does make sense, if the Blackhawk's cost per flight hour is lower. Actually, I had a CH-53 gunship variant cooked up that in theory could whack an entire brigade solo assuming one-shot Jack In The Boxes... kind of like a Hind on steroids.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Diamond back, it's a matter of numbers of platforms. The UH-60s can haul the load, the AH-64 can use it's control / target acquisition systems to deliver it effectively. I do not know if the tech has been developed. It was often proposed in conjunction with my favorite battle field theory weapon, the rattle box.

At various times the US Army has prototyped or developed the equivalent of the Navy's vertical launch weapons system. They just cancelled another about 10 years ago. The Israeli's actually produced some.

One of the proposals was a trailer full of packaged Hellfire missiles data linked to AH-64s or OH-58s. The AH-64s could use their own missiles when they were further from our troops. (Note I have avoided any reference to front line...as they are militarily unstylish...FINALLY!)

Geoff
Who remembers the FoGM fondly. FOG-MPM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 - 19 of 19 Posts