Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a box of 12 gauge shotgun slugs at Cabelas for $12.00. That same night I looked up the ammo on GunBroker and found people selling the very same box for $39 starting bid and $59.00 "buy it now".

It's getting greedy out there. :confused:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
sames1,

WELCOME ABOARD,

And you wonder why MANY SMART PEOPLE do NOT buy on gunbroker??

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
All those folks with .38 Super and 357 SIG autos are laughing as the buy ammo at the same old high, BUT AVAILABLE, prices.
Geoff
Who has neither caliber in his battery.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Rub is, once the "exotics" sell out they're gonna be gone for a while. Mil/LE common loads are probably gonna be running three shifts a day for a good long time...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go look at CheaperThanDirt.com if you want to see a profiteer gouging people. Last week he had Armscorp 115gr FMJ in 50rd boxes for $54.89/box - limit of 3 and you pay shipping. This is ammo that retails at $14.99. They also had PMC 115GR JHP in 50rd boxes at $99.95 with the same limitation of 3. 55GR 5.56 FMJ is selling for$1-$3 per round at many places. Cheaper had XM193 at $52.95/20rd a couple of weeks back and they found suckers to buy it because they sold out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well it's like anything else unfortunately.. if someone will pay $15 for a hotdog at a ballgame... If somebody gonna pay, why not try and sell it at that high price, yet... there's that side of me that says screw them- price gouging is unAmerican 🤔

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
If you've waited until now to stock your bunker, you're doing it wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's simply...

...Supply & Demand. I didn't buy from Cheaper Than Dirt even during "the good times" as they were always one of the highest sellers around, plus living in TX I had to pay the sales tax. Now I only shop at ONE seller who consistently has the lowest prices, minimal shipping charges & NO SALES TAX. They do have a minimal "subscription fee", but I've saved literally $1000's of dollars with them and their unbelieveably low product prices, low shipping & NO SALES TAX. I won't say who they are other than their company initials are the same as the old USGI Battle Dress Uniform. Use your imagination...

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
I had over 20,000 rounds of .22LR and still have much of it. I had to explain more than one a box of 50 would be enough to trade for a fresh white-tail and that would provide meat for a month. I also explained that I had learned years before that a head/neck shot worked better than one to the heart area and .22 was easier to suppress than a 7.62.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts