Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a gun show this weekend and was happy to see a bit more ammo on tables. Bulk pack .22s were $20 and the prices of most centerfire ammo seemed to be in line and not overpriced. One dealer had plenty of powder at current prices. The only thing missing was primers. I didn't see any at all.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
In the last month, the Walmart Fed Bulk boxes have dropped from $16.47 to $15.47 and then this week rose to $18.97. :shocked:

I'm hoping this is some sort of price glitch in the system. Seems high to me.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stopped looking there because the two or three closest to me haven't had any in a year... at least when I was there...but Dick's seems to have them all the time.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
My Wally's was out of all .22 ammo for months, too. But for about the last month they've had the Fed, Rem Turdbolts (no GBs, sadly), and some Winchesters.

I think I have enough GBs on hand to get me through the year, and only need a few more boxes of the Fed Bulks to make my shooting goal of 25K this year. But if the prices stay high, next year I'm gonna have to tap into my stash, and go back to shooting my bolt-actions instead of the semiautos. :(

·
Premium Member
9,290 Posts
Picked up a 525 pack of Federal locally, today. It was $17.00 out the door, including the 7% tax. :shocked:

Remembering that they sold for $10.00 in 2006 makes me really yearn for the "good old days".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts