Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sportsman's Guide has 'American' new production .30 Carbine at a good price. Of course, he eats you up on shipping, but if you're a club member and have a coupon.......On the other hand, you could wait til the next show and see if anybody else has it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I recently pick up 200 rounds of American .45 acp and 30 carbine, from SG. I had alot more on order until I got wind if the QC concerns. Then it came in I shot 5 rounds out of each box of 30 carbine. I split 1 or 2 cases out of each 5, but my carbine is pretty wore in the chamber. When I shoot Korean surplus I don't split the cases but you can see on one side of the empty where it is pretty fat. If the American was shot in a tighter chamber would it be a problem, I don't know. Is the American bad because of the splits, I don't know, I've never shot anything other than LC or Korean Surplus, I've got some S&B coming for the carbine and we'll see what that stuff does. As for the .45, on test night, 2 other friends and I put almost a whole box through 3 different guns, including my 1944 Ithica 1911A1, with no problems. Monday night I put almost another whole box through my 1911 again with no problem.

With SG you get a $10 off your next $99 dollar order and that goes along way to offset the higher freight.

If you know a local FFL transfer agent, they can order direct from American, my FFL did that and came back with a price of $7.49 +tax on a case of 500 order, with no addition freight cost to me, that is pretty much the same as SG with the freight added on. Plus, I help support my local FFL. He is thinking about having a little extra on hand, so it would also lend itself to needing a box in a crunch.

Happy shooting,
Lew VB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts