Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Frema 'Full Concealment Quick Draw Holster' may just make the LAW Concealment System (formerly the 'Shadow'), the PagerPal, and Thunderwear appear positively sensible in the 'one-size-fits-all' and 'deep concealment' holster departments.

http://www.fremaholster.com/
US Patent Application

Perhaps my reading comprehension is slipping. However, it certainly appears that the draw stroke involves poking the weak-hand through an open-bottom holster to push the gun up and out. :shock:

To be fair, S&W had once played with a similiar design, during its foray into holster sales. Mas Ayoob mentioned it in one of his columns in an old American Handgunner issue(late '70s/early '80s). (I want to say that it was during his stint as the Industry Insider editor.)

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
The only thing better than a holster that requires 2 hands to draw from is one that requires you to sweep your off hand during the draw.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FWIW: I'm pretty sure this is the design that Ayoob was referencing. (The holster patent was assigned to the Bangor Punta Corporation, who owned S&W at the time.)

US4165826: Pop-up holster

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Looks fast... reminds me of a sci-fi novel I read back in high school. The good guys had "power holsters" that enabled them to draw and engage fast flying, razor mandibled insects. Even then I wondered what would happen if the drawing hand missed the catch :D

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Daniel Watters said:
Couldn't get the attendant drawings to display, but you're probably right, Dan'l.

I played the standing video clip (0.03 seconds) and if they didn't undercrank the camera, I'm forced to acknowledge that it's extremely fast! And since the shooter can't acquire any sort of grip 'til the grip-frame is presented, the opportunities for an ND seem to be limited.

I think this requires more investigation!

Gawd, I hate it when everything I "know" about a subject is wrong!
WaltGraham said:
...reminds me of a sci-fi novel I read back in high school. The good guys had "power holsters" that enabled them to draw and engage fast flying, razor mandibled insects. Even then I wondered what would happen if the drawing hand missed the catch
It would prove an interesting variation on one of Stephen Vincent Benét's "Nightmare" poems.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
463 Posts
One note: How many of you slouch (not sit) on a high stool, with one hand in your pocket, except at a bar? I'm seated right now, and I can't even get my hand into my pocket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts