Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The alignment lugs look like they’re cut not rounded, which is like the GI, but the front doesn’t look very beveled and those slots do look way too wide and not pointed. The pics aren’t very good, but I don’t think it’s GI either.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
very confusing indeed.. I enlarged and lightened up the pic of the splines and they are cut flat not rounded.... but the tines are indeed very wide to call it a GI unit......but I'm callint it a GI unit.. here's a GI FS I received from the CMP in the last batch of 12 they sold off a while back ( I got 4 of the 12) notice the tines are indeed VERRRYYyy wide open......
[IMG=left]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/pae1287113f9dc9ef33bf08848763fbaa/f6505447.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
240 Posts
First of all, if you saw my ebay post of earlier, I am surprised that this is on ebay when my M14 stuff got pulled off by ebay.

Secondly, while at Smith Enterprises a few weeks ago, I saw the USGI flash hiders that they pulled from the barrels of the 140 or so M14s they are rebuilding for the Army. There were a mixed bag of F/H styles, but all were USGI. Bill showed me some that had wide slots, some were more tapered than others, some had flush cut front ends, some beveled, some were NM reeemed, some not, etc. So, unless you see the item in person and do a metal composition test (cast or milled) it is hard to speculate. For most of us, it will out last our shooting capacities and bayonet mounting drills. :wink:

And, the darn thing was sold on eBay.........hmmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
If you notice.. the FS is listed under Sporting Goods... seems everyone is listing them under that catagory... probably why it hasn't been pulled......

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
repro FH...

yeah, yeah, yeah......

They don't all look exactly the same.
I still say that one is a repro, squared barrel splines and all.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The "USGI" F/S looks just like mine I got from DPMS for 29.99. Most of the repros look lighter than the USGI ones, but I haven't seen that many USGI ones to compare them to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts