Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stupid bar has just been seriously lowered.

One filmmaker suggests kids steal guns from parents for gun safety - CSMonitor.com

Online PSA encourages kids to steal their parents gun, take it to school, and turn it into their teacher.

I could rant for hours how bad of an idea this is. I understand their activism (don't agree with it), but this is horrendously dumb, unsafe, immoral, and about a dozen other terms.

Turn the kid into a felon to get guns out of the house; brilliant.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Incredible ....
I wonder if this is a reflection .... or a symptom ... of just how *STUPID* their agenda really is.

Hopefully the kiddies will be smarter than the adults .....
Not wholly impossible, given where we are .....:oops:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And believe me I've seen a lot of dumb stuff.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i'm overjoyed to see this is getting as hostile a reception south of the border as north- now to take the thing apart- why he didn't take the "problem" to his parents first, and he might have got a reasonable answer- something along the lines of "dad, I don't like that gun in my house- to which the appropriate answer would be : son, let me explain a few things to you 1- it AIN'T your house, you live here at your mother's and my pleasure- 2, it's my gun, i'm trained, and I know how to use it, and IF YOU EVER TOUCH IT, I'LL CUT YOUR BALLS OFF- threatening his manhood works every time- instead the sneaky lil a/h steals the gun and turns it in- which shows the kid has no respect for his parents as he steals it from their room- my dad passed away when I was 3, and we always had a gun in the house- we just weren't allowed to touch it.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
To All,

This "PSA" is SERIOUSLY dangerous & stupid. = Whoever made the film should be arrested, in the event that any person is harmed by following "the advice". - This is called under our criminal code, "criminally negligent & malicious indifference to the consequences of one's actions".

just my OPINION, sw

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I'm going to take a contrarian view here...I see this as potentially helpful to freedom-lovers.

Part (maybe most) of the reason for voters' wholesale rejection of Democrats in the 2014 elections is the fact that the party's move to the extreme left on a number of issues has reached the point where they're not taken seriously any more. This video simply reinforces that notion.

I think we have to give mainstream voters credit for some common sense. Most people will see this video for the petulant little production of zealots that it is. Those that don't are the true believers, whose dwindling numbers and waning influence we can largely disregard.

We are the grownups, and we must remain so in our reaction to inanities like this video.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I'm going to take a contrarian view here...I see this as potentially helpful to freedom-lovers.
Yep, I'm down with you on this one - I think the "progressives" have swung the pendulum so far to the left that the swing back is going to be epic.

The paradigm is changing.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
CaptainGyro,

And if someone is wounded or killed because of this UTTTER STUPIDITY, what will you then say?

yours, sw

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I will truly be saddened, just as I am by anyone becoming an innocent victim of stupidity.

That having been said, see the hundreds of previous comments on this site and others about the gene pool, and the hazards of it's shallow end.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Let's see now, encourage someone to 1. commit felony theft of a firearm and 2. violate laws about bringing firearms to a school. Oops, forgot: 3. unlicensed carry of a concealed weapon.

I'm not an attorney, but this strikes me as conspiracy to commit/accessory to multiple felonies. If the persuaded person is a minor, would this be contributing to deleinquency of said minor? Wonder if prosecution could be ginned up for the "enablers" on this?

Thinking back to some of the folks I met in the schools when my kids were attending, I'd pay a lot to see their face when little Johnnie/Joanie/Juanie opens up their back pack and drops a Glock on teachers desk.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
My kids would have laughed in the face of any teacher who would have suggested such a thing.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
That's a great point, Snake...mine too. Just as we did a few eyeball rolls at the stupidity of the occasional teacher, so do our kids see through the current left-wing nonsense they're exposed to sometimes.

Case in point: As I walked through the kitchen the other day, my 14 year old daughter asked me, in front of a couple of her friends, "What's your favorite color, Daddy?".

"I don't know", I responded, "blue I guess".

"You're a racist!" she replied. Then they all broke out giggling.

The sillier and more strident the left becomes, the more they drift towards insignificance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts