Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
YO,YO,YO,CO! Go back to FFF where you belong! J/K. :lol: It's not well known but back in the '70's I spent 3 1/2 years as a C.O. on Rikers Island. Great job, really learned how to drink then. :twisted:

G

·
Howdy. My names Mike.... AKA Casual... from over AT BR.com & ar15.com

I Had Fernando add this forum, b/c I believe there would be brothers here..

Sarasota County Sheriff's Dept.

I Just had to do the re-quals for PT this past tuesday... great fun :) Had a old grey haired brother beat me on the time though lol... wow he was in shape for his age.

I'm useing the C. O. to jump start my career. but I have found that the salary for CO is starting to get better than patrol. who knows... maybe the sheriff will change the wages...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello all.

I spent most of my time lurking in the Garand forum at BR.com. This was a nice find on the AB forum. I have 15 years in LE at a Sheriff's Office in Southwest Arizona.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Daytona Beach Police Dept. Reserve: Was full time for a bit, But I enjoy the reserve fun.

I am looking to go into corrections. Most of my LEO time was spent in the jails, and I find I really enjoy so I am looking into a cross over and appling with Brevard County.

Casual, I almost applied over a year ago to go work for Sarasota County, but couldn't meet their requarments. My main resone was for a girl but that fell through. She still lives in Sarasota.

·
Registered
86 Posts
California State Correctional Peace Officer, Currently working in the Adjustment Center (the hole for death row), California State Prison, San Quentin, CA

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you been to the SHU at Pelican Bay? That was partially designed from the prison I first worked at, SMU1 in Florence/Eyman.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have taken inmates to crisis beds at Pelican Bay but I have not been in the SHU. The AC is the SHU for Death Row. We have mostly condemned, and a few really messed up adseg folks who can't play well with others. We are supposed to build a new Death Row housing unit at SQ, ground is about to be broken they say. We shall see... Hey, we have about 5 former AZ CO's (J. Spurlock put in 5 years) working at SQ as well as some ex FBOP and Nevada folks too. They like it so far, esp the power the CCPOA has...I will find out were they worked and let you know.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, you guys have a better Union and position then we do. We are bleeding staff right out, waiting for the "big" raise due next year....

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How long? I'm not totally crazy - hefty raises coming...Besides, where can you make this kind of money doing this kind of work? :lol:

·
Registered
82 Posts
5 years at DOC. I make much more with the feds than i ever did at the state. After the Lewis hostage incident DOC disgusts me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
former CO Cpl at Riverbend Maximum Security Prison in Nashville, TN Now I work for TN Emergency Management Agency. On occasion I call to ask if they got any openings to go back, but then my wife hits me with the phone....

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a good friend that used to work for TEMA. He loved it! Sometimes it sounded like all he did was play and hardly ever worked

1 - 20 of 30 Posts