Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, they've made a Solomon Kane movie. The trailer looks good, and there's a review of it on Big Hollywood. 8)

You can see the trailer here:

http://www.solomonkane.com

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn. I'm a professional observer. I really shoulda caught that! :wink:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Thanks for the tip off. I've long been a Conan fan, but wasn't aware of Solomon Kane.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've been a REH fan since I got ahold of a cherry copy of the old Ace paperback The Macabre Reader and read The Cairn on the Headland when I was a kid.

The Solomon Kane movie was better than I anticipated. Being a Edgar Rice Burrroughs, HP Lovecraft, Robert E Howard fan, I was of course naturally expecting utter crap from Hollywood. I've long been used to being disappointed when a favorite author makes it to the big screen.

Speaking of which anyone catch that steaming pile that was supposed to be a rendition of ERB's classic Princess of Mars on SciFy channel a few weeks ago?

Anyway, I did enjoy the Kane movie. At first I was a little annoyed because the plot of the movie didn't start off with Kane being 'Kane'. But I enjoyed the development of the character. First he shaves and becomes a hermit among the monks, later the sabre, later on the trademark pilgrim hat, etc. Really cool story, nice cinematography. Could have been much worse! I would really love to see a dark, violent well-acted version of 'Wings in the Night', my personal favorite Kane tale.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I always thought Kane would have made the best TV series. Toss in the Blarney Cock as a player character.

Geoff
Who thinks weird things when awakened in the night..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts