Gunhub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nice C-H 4 station H press just fell off Santa's advance flight. Only one I ever saw my best buddy got one in upstate and I will really impressed with it so when I had a chance to get one at a good deal I jumped on it. Came today. I have been loading on Hollywood Senior tools last 50 years but they are no longer made and thought I should get something I could get parts for.
The most impressive thing is the shell carrier has bronze bearings that ride the rails. I am looking forward to loading on this rig and was just wondering how many folks use these.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have just the press or all the bells and whistles for fast reloading of pistol ammo?
All I have is the press, did not get the primer rods and probably won't because I I like the RCBS cam actuated priming rig they discontinued about 8 years back.

For rifle I now deprime, then size without decap rod, trim if needed, clean the cases then prime them and expand the necks to right where I want them, dump the propellant and seat the bullet.

My buddy who just got the new one said the factory told him in the unlikely event it ever needed anything, send it in and they would replace whatever and have it right back out. This thing lubed with Mobil 1 and the FL size die in the back center should last a lifetime of reloading for several generations of shooters. Mine has seen some use and the last guy that had it apparently liked grease instead of oil and the upright rods show a little wear but I cannot detect any movement in the left platform anywhere in the travel. I have it well saturated with Mobil 1 and that should stop anything furthur from occuring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts