Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'm new to AR and I hope I'm posting on the right forum. I have LWRC as you see in the picture and planning to install FDE kit on it. I'm having a hard time finding one that will for sure fit my fire arm. There are too many types of butstocks and handguards. I'm not sure which one is mine. Do you think by looking at pics you can give me some info? My entire life I have been only using pistols and hunting rifles but not ARs. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
What do you consider an "FDE Kit?" You have very good furniture on the rifle, why change? Color can be easily changed with that strange substance called "Paint."

Geoff
Who keeps his rifles black, shows I do not discriminate based on color.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I'd agree with Skeptic49. Paint.

I keep all mine black as well - - - - perhaps I should say "original color"; I have a .300 AAC Blackout Sig Canebrake pistol in FDE.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Have you contacted LWRC for options? It appears you have a free floating handguard that seems to be proprietary. After looking closer, it looks very much like your upper is what they call a "modular" upper. That is, the receiver extends way past where the normal handguards attach. The upper rail appears to be one piece all the way to the far end. OTOH, those tension bolts at the front probably hold something to that cylindrical section just ahead of the mag well.

In short, it would appear that your choices are either LWRC or paint/ceramic finish like cerracoat/cerracote/cerrakote/whatever for the front. LWRC would be your best bet for information about the butt stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This totally depends on what you mean by FDE kit. If you're wanting your stock, handguard, pistol grip etc. you can either spray paint or sent it in for cerakote.
To me I get the rattle can and go to work. I had tons of raw 308 parts so I decided to put it together and make an FDE/Black 308 pistol. Used Rust-Oleum Camouflage 2X Khaki from Walmart.
Also did a 308 pistol that was pretty beat up and revived it, painted black and then used a mesh laundry bag from Walmart, like 2 bucks, and sprayed grey to get the snake effect. Just trial and error.
If you do go with the rattle can make sure and tape up the gun, either things you don't want painted, or places you don't want paint get in- mag well, remove charging handle and BCG and tape up, close dust cover and tape it up from inside, flash hider, definitely don't want any paint getting in these places.
This is a sweet rifle man and it almost seems sax-religious to the AR Gods but it is also yours so I say if you want part or all of it FDE get busy.
Hope that helps.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts