Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just applied for ATF "Collector of Curios and Relics" license with the purpose of purchasing some WWII time 1911A1's from JLD Enterprises. It seems they bought the inventory from the Agentinian armed forces and have in stock Colts made for that government and the Argentina produced copy of our 1911. They also have in stock some FUGLY Ballester Molina pistols - a variation of the 1911 design with no grip safety and other changes - that look like a Colt during an exorcism.

I know these pistols (the 1911's) would make collectors of war time artifacts drool, but I want to get at least one to use as a project pistol for modernization. They have three grades of these pistols ranging from $270 to $300.

Would these be a good platform to have my gunny play with it and make it a modern fighting handgun?

Look forward for any feedback on the matter.

Later,

Nemo

·
Registered
855 Posts
Nemo said:
Just applied for ATF "Collector of Curios and Relics" license
Prepare to be poor, or poorer (as the case may be). :D

Would these be a good platform to have my gunny play with it and make it a modern fighting handgun?
The Sistemas are generally excellent 1911A1 pistols that are fine shooters as-is or a great base for customization.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definitely POORER!

Ed,

I didn't see any HP's on their website but you can always give 'em a call and ask. You can see what they have at Cruffler.com.

LIProgun,

Thanx for the feedback. As soon as that piece of federal paper gets in my mailbox I'm gonna "Molon Labe" me one of the Sistemas (or maybe two). :wink:

Have a great weekend :!:
8)
Nemo

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Nemo--

Just make sure you keep your records in perfect condition (dot every I/cross every T) because with the decline of the number of FFL's they are able to hit more FFL's with "inspection". At my last inspection, I got written up because a customer wrote NA instead of NO in one of the question boxes!! :shock: :(

I got my Class 1 FFL in 1993 and have spent more money in the past ten years than I care to imagine.

Good luck with your C&R --- hope you find some real bargains.

Mike

·
Registered
356 Posts
Class 3 license. Second most expensive license you can get. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts