Gunhub.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys know that? Cops there were scared to enter the place for 40 minutes after the 2 punks killed themselves. Gee, I'm supposed to rely on the COPS to protect me? I'd rather have my Pekinese. At least she aint scared to bit their ankles.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Where did you get that information?

The report afterwards indicated that shots were exchanged before the two killers entered the school. Deputy Gardner fired at Harris from 60 yards away. Unfortunately, he missed and Harris was able to enter the building. See http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2000/columb ... clude.html for a copy of the report.

The responding SWAT officers followed then existing policies that dictated creating a perimeter and surveying the situation before an assault. Since then, many departments have changed procedures. I suggest you do a search for "active shooter" for more information.

While the policy in place at the time is properly the subject of criticism, I don't think the action or inaction of the Colorado officers was the result of fear.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the school had an armed guard

the press interviewed him at the time. Since the press are all gutless, they couldn't say anything about a gutless guard, now could they. I got the info from Tom Griesham's radio show, Gun Talk.

·
Registered
151 Posts
JRWnTN
Excellent response. Funny how even well investigated facts that were resolved several years ago are frequently misunderstood or misinterpreted by casual listeners.

·
Super Moderator
13,161 Posts
I was having a funny feeling that segig wouldn't be around long. I wasn't quite in "Discovery Channel Voice Mode" yet, but I could feel it coming on....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.