Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the first Arnold Ziffle was.

According to TVLand trivia, the first Arnold Ziffle of Green Acres fame was in fact made into bacon. During the seven year run of the series however, no less than 200 pigs played Arnold Ziffle, because pigs grow so fast, going from three pound piglets (I love that word!!!) to 200 pounds very quickly, and believe me, they don't stop there. The world record for a pig was Big Bill at the 1939 World's Fair, tipping the scales at a Texas steer-like 2,552 pounds.

WOW!!! That's a lotta PORK!!!!!!!!!!

The other white meat.

It seems the other 200 pigs after the first Arnold got to live out their lives to a ripe old age because of an uproar surrounding the fate of the first 'actor' to play the pig. Or is that pigs who played the 'actor?' Well, a lot of actors really can be pigs, so perhaps, . . .

I AIN'T GOIN' THERE!!!

Hey, we're really cookin' on this show!!! We've got . . .

A Whole Lotta Porkfat Goin' On.

I said PorkFAT, not A Whole Lotta Porkin' Goin' On. :D

Hey, I'm gettin' in trouble here. Before the tomatoes start flying, maybe Special Ed can fly in here and rescue me.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Re: Arnold Ziffle - Did you say Hogfat or Foghat?

Bloofington said:
Well, the first Arnold Ziffle was.

Hey, I'm gettin' in trouble here. Before the tomatoes start flying, maybe Special Ed can fly in here and rescue me.
Sorry Bloof I wasn't keeping up and didn't hear that you were falling down a well and needed help. Well better late then never, here's some more trivia for ya...

The first Arnold was a male. The others - 2-4 a year - were females.

The Douglass's cow was named Eleanor.

Was one of the victims of the infamous rural purge in 1971 along with "Beverly Hillbillies, The" (1962), "Mayberry R.F.D." (1968), "Hee Haw" (1969) and the "Toast of the Town" (1948). These shows were perceived by then CBS executive Fred Silverman to only appeal to people who lived in rural areas and older people, so he decided to cancel them even though they were all still hugely popular at the time.

Arnold the pig was the only cast member of "Green Acres" to win an award for a performance in a sitcom. He won the coveted "Patsy" Award, in 1967, which is given to the best performance by an animal.

During the final season, the Douglases got a pet duck named Drobney. He was the son of a duck (also named Drobney) that helped Lisa during World War II.

The Douglass' rooster was named Bertram and their hen was named Alice.

During the first season, the Douglases had a dog named Mignon (as in "filet mignon"). However, it was gone by the second season.

Mr. Haney had a basset hound named Cynthia who had a crush on Arnold. (Mr Haney was always my favorite... after Arnold, of course)
The governor of the state that Hooterville was in was based on then California governor (and future president) 'Ronald Reagan' . He was a former actor that ran film festivals of his films to help generate revenue for the state.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have a thinly sliced Arnold on rye with lots of mustard, both sides, and an Eleanorstrami on rye, lots of mustard, both sides. Got cancelled from work, might as well do something to keep the spirits up.

SPIRITS!!! Heyyyyyyyyyy, isn't it time for another review of the latest bottle to hit the Bloofy Bar?

But of courrrrrrrrrrrrrse.

:shock: :wink: :shock: :D :shock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts