Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I don't mean "Winning The Future"...

Hoping to score a major prosecution of Mexican drug lords, federal prosecutors and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives permitted hundreds of guns to be purchased and retained by suspected straw buyers with the expectation they might cross the border and even be used in crimes while the case was being built, according to documents and interviews.

Here

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
So, basically, they're accessories before the fact? That's what they'd call it if you or I did that. :evil:

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I don't thinks so, they were trying to use the guns to go after bigger-wigs than they had and the smugglers got away.
Atleast the lamestream media won't be lying so badly when they claim a lot of cartel guns come from America ..... now. :ek: :ek: :banghead: :cluebat: :headbonk: :headbonk: :headbonk:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Actually, the media are still lying about it.
But Congress has started to investigate the charges.
Something constructive may yet come of this.

I counsel patience, popcorn, and Scotch-and-soda.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
At least the front line agents were against this folly. It was the REMF's that put this outrageous into effect. The Street Monsters knew what it would lead too.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you read the entire piece you'll note that one of our own guys was killed by one of the guns used in the ATF scheme...

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Scotch-and-soda.
:" jigger of Gin, Oh what a spell you've got me in"

Actually it is not a rare tactic in law enforcement to let a little fish go and follow him to a bigger fish. The cost benefit analysis was pretty much fubar

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
to all,

imVho, "jack-booted thugs" still fits the BATFE agents. = when i was a SDUSM, we despised them, as they broke more laws than they enforced.
yours, sw

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
Rush Limbaugh is on this story today (even as I type this). So the word will get out on it, even if the Ministry of Propaganda wishes the story would go away. :wink:

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Snake; all,

EXACTLY SO! = you hit the nail on the head.
in point of fact, the DEA agent, who was recently murdered in Mexico, was killed with a weapon that the BATFE knowingly CHOSE to allow to be smuggled into that country.

and you wonder why other American LEOs despise them?
yours, sw

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I heard second hand but trust the source that recently they had a case here in MN about a trafficer who was busted. The local SO who had jurisdiction was so disgusted by their methods and nature that they denied them further use of staff and resources in the case.
There were three deputies, all senior plain clothes respected guys attached to the investigation. All of them started taking vacations very shortly thereafter after some twenty something agent handed a fifty plus, twenty five year veteran the lunch list and told, not asked, him to "fetch us something to eat".

Needless to say, their case did not go as well as they had hoped.

Kill the ATF and TSA and look at how much better the budget looks.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I don't think the agent killed in Mexico was killed with one of these guns, it was the Border Patrolman killed in the US who was killed with an AK allowed to be taken into Mexico.

Honest to God, these Border Patrolmen were sent to try to arrest a Mexican "Rip squad" armed with BEANBAG guns.
A "rip squad" rips off drug smugglers.
They were ordered to use the beanbag guns first, and the Mexican thugs opened up with AK's.
One of the seized AK's was one the ATF allowed to be taken to Mexico and it came back to kill one of our own.

I know nothing much will come of this, it never does, some mid-level fall guys will probably be "disciplined" or "transfered", possibly even fired, but the people who ordered this should face felony criminal charges.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Of all the news agencies to be all over this one, CBS news is doing a fantastic job of closely following this story. Now I don’t watch TV news, but I’ve been catching CBS’s stories on this via internet sources, and thus far, they’re doing a pretty darned good job at this one. You know, this world just gets stranger and stranger; I’m actually cheering on CBS news…weird.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kevin Gibson said:
I'm actually cheering on CBS news…weird.
It may be premature and perhaps overly optimistic, but I'm thinking the lame stream media may be starting to get their minds right.

The current kerfluffle at NPR is providing a figurative "head on a stake"... :)

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Now it appears that the DEA Agent killed in Mexico may have been killed with one of these guns.

From what the whistle-blowers are saying, the bosses were totally unconcerned that people might be killed by these guns. I's like to think they just didn't think it through and never considered that some of our own might be killed.

I'm not sure of the legal issues, but terms like "Depraved indifference" and "Criminal negligence" come to mind.
Hopefully, THIS TIME some people up the ladder will get indicted instead of just being laterally transfered until the heat is off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts