Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These four-footed friends belong to a couple of favorite friends dating back to my undergrad years. Baxter appears to be a Phalene or a mini-Aussie Shepherd, although the animal shelter insisted that he is a beagle-mix.

Despite her royal mein, Gwenevere adores Baxter. (They were adopted at the same time.) On one occasion in which my friends were out of town, Baxter had been sent to a kennel while Gwenevere remained at home. When my friends returned home, it was too late/early to retrieve Baxter. Gwenevere was very vocal in concern for her missing chum, to the point of presenting them with some of Baxter's toys as a reminder.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Great story. Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It looks like Gwenevere is about Baxter's size too, maybe larger? Good story. :) I've got a similar pair. A tuxedo female cat (Button) and a blonde shi-tzu female dog (Winky). They hunt squirrels in the yard together ... or should I say the squirrels hunt them?! I'll have to post pics.

The cat surprised us last year by catching a young rabbit. Winky was outside when Button brought it to the house to brag. Then she shared it with the Winky! When the Winky came in the house with blood on her muzzle, the wife and I both freaked! :shock:

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Yup, cats'll hunt rabbits alright. Don't forget rabbits are rodents.

If your cat sees a capybara though, I don't think it would try to hunt that, even though a capabara is also a rodent. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts