Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a local gun store is having their annual mega-sale and I have made my annual migration.
I saw and handled the M4 and I give it a resounding "meh..." The universal sound of indifference.
I just don't see what it gives me for essentially the price of 2 M1 Super 90's
Plus I don't care for the collapsing stock
Maybe I'm just getting old...

·
Registered
119 Posts
A young man I know showed up at the range on 7-7 and had a M1014 limited edition 1 of 2500. I think he said it was about $1700 plus another $400 for the optics on top. I shot it and I can think of at least 2 other things I'd rather have than the Benelli. Ron

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I paid around 1400.00 for my limited addition but then I didnt buy it just to shoot, your right there are equal to better shot guns out there for a lot less but then 10 yrs down the road I can hear you guys saying 3000.00 bucks dam i could bought for half that, If I had only known. :oops: :cry: :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep that statement and "I never should have sold/traded

That and "I never should have sold/traded/gottten rid of my____________"
are starting to be my mantras

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here is my Benelli M4 with Aimpoint Comp ML 2 & Bonnie-Packer sling.
Im very happy with my M4. Eat all ammo i put in.,,,,,,hehe.
7 rounds magcapacity +(one in chamber) 8

Gunnerside- :wink:

·
Registered
84 Posts
No offense, but that doesn't exactly look like a $1,700 shotgun.

Semi automatic, right?

I would have rather gotten an M1 or even a *forgive me for saying this* SPAS-12. To each his own, I suppose.

One more thing...can anybody explain to me why there are no good quality cheap over/under side-by-side shotguns? You would think that they would make a FEW cheap ones, since they're so mechanically simple.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Benelli M4 is a gasauto loader. My best combat shotgun ever. I like it very much.
I also have the Benelli M 3 T with a folding stock. Pump & semiauto.

The SPAS is a clumsy/big shotgun :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Gunnerside-

·
Registered
84 Posts
The best combat shotgun ever eh?

I don't know, my old (ex...) $200 Brolin-Arms sure seemed like it would do the trick just like anything else.

So...how many people have you bagged with your best tactical fancy schmansy shotgun ever?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Robert West said:
The best combat shotgun ever eh?

I don't know, my old (ex...) $200 Brolin-Arms sure seemed like it would do the trick just like anything else.

So...how many people have you bagged with your best tactical fancy schmansy shotgun ever?
Hehe.....in Norway we call them combat shotgun`s .-we dont have too kill some folks first,- too call them combat shotgun :lol: :lol:

Anyway i like my M 4 & M3 very much :wink:

Here in Norway we use "combat" shotguns at competition.

-Gunnerside-

·
Registered
79 Posts
Steve k said:
Gunnerside, did your M4 come with the break or did you add that on.
I add this Comp on my M4. I have tested with & without,-and the answer is better with comp mounted :wink:

I love this M4 :D
-Gunnerside-

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Gunnerside that break sure finishes off your M4. I see your in Norway is that break available in the State? sure would like to put one on mine.

G

·
mee too i e-mailed benelli in italy to try to get one but they never wrote back. maby they don't speak english eh? if anyone ever finds em for sale to the states than give me a hoot at [email protected]

thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey guys - have you ever seen/shot the SPAS-15?

What's that gun all about? I've heard only so many were imported into the states. It looks awesome (but then again, looks aren't everything) - it has an interesting magazine fed type system...

Thoughts about the SPAS-15?

G

·
any different than the spas-12? if not than only thing i've heard is it looks damn scary hollywood creams it's pants on sight of it every time they pick shotty's for movie's and in real life it jams.

i'm no expert so don't listen to me.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
The big difference between the Spas 12 & 15 is the price Spas 12 around a grand and the 15 is around 4 grand. I would imaing they both shoot about the same but the 15 uses a 7 or 8 round magazine and looks more like an assault rifle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
M1 OR M4

Is the recoil the same with the M1 as it is with the M4,or does the M4 have less recoil because of the gas system?.

G

·
i think it's supposed to be less. i know i can shoot 500 rounds of cheap ass birdshot in about 2.5-3 hours casually in my m4 without so much as a red mark or any discomfort at all. but i never shot an m1 so i dunno.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts