Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been look for a .22 Pistol since I started working as a Gun Store Counter Monkey. We get a lot of guns on trade and we also buy collections. About a year ago a Walther GSP came in with a collection, unfortunitly it was in a .32.

I did pick up one of the NRA W.B. Ruger Endowment Fund Signature Series guns but that was for my Daughter Sig. She needed this gun as her sister, Oli, has a Stainless Standard Auto with WB's Signature on it. They now each have a Signature Series Ruger .22 Auto... with matching Serial Number Suffixes <G> (I got hooked up! Serial numbers are XXX-04077).

Well last Friday we bought another collection. Some really nice Colt's (Pythons, Anacondas, Troopers) along with a few other non-Colt guns. One caught my eye that I hadn't seen before.

Tis a Benelli MP95E Atlanta Kromo. I felt of it, I foundled it, I looked it over closely for wear/abuse, I dry Fired it, I fell in Lust, I asked for a price.

The gun has hardly been fired and shows zero sign of wear. Comes in it's original box with all paperwork and accessories (take down tools(?) along with a 9 Round Mag.

The price I was given was $450 so, not knowing any better, I put it on layaway. Anyone have any thoughts, what-so-ever, on this gun and price?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
I've never seen one but my guide says NIB $700, EX $575, GD$350 Chrome add $85.

Ed

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While it is not NIB if this guy shot it he shot it he may have only put a mag or two through it!... just like the Pythons. One call to our Python Collector was all it took, the guns were logged in and out... they never even got a tag let alone out to a display case.

So it looks like I got a good price.

Anyone have any experience with the gun itself?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did you get it?

Gunny,

Did you ever get the Benelli .22? When I saw your post I remembered that Doug Koenig played with the MP95 for a while so I sent him an email asking about it. Hope it helps. Here it goes.

---- Doug's Reply----

Nelson,

I don't currently use that pistol. I had a hard time with it being reliable. I use a Pardini and or an S&W mod 41. The pardini retails for about $1000.00 and I believe the Mod 41 for about $750.00.

Hope this helps,
Doug
----- Original Message -----

To: '[email protected]'
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 10:51 AM
Subject: Benelli MP95

Hola Doug,

If I recall correctly at one point in your career you shot the subject .22LR pistol. A friend is looking to buy one and before he goes out and buy it, I would like to have your opinion on it. Do you still use this pistol? Is there anything in the price range ($500) that you would rather have?

I'm sorry to bother you with this but you are the only person I've ever seen/read using this piece of equipment. Look forward to hear from you soon.

Take care,
Nelson R. Colón
Jacksonville, FL

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

I haven't gotten it yet I've got it on lay away at work. Though I have taken it out and tried it a couple times. Nothing much just a hundred rounds or so. No problems with it... I just need to cut down on the coffee before I shoot. :)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Gunny,

IF it works out to be reliable, put a scope on it, and use it for squirrel. Head shots only, of course.

I use a batch of old silhouette ammo in my High Std 103 (Supermatic Citation) with a scoped bull barrel. All the sport is in the hunting, just head shots. If I'm not huffing & puffing from a hill climb, the ammo allowance is one round per squirrel. If I can't hold the crosshairs steady, I don't shoot.

-- Mike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike,

Mostly it will be used for target as I don't eat squirrel... now my wife has been complaining about the squirrels tipping over her plants every day. Maybe..... hmmmmm?

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I don't eat squirrel either, but I recently bought a P22. Great training pistol for the wife and kids and no malfs in the first 1K rounds. It's as accurate as my bifocals. Good call CP.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
It's as accurate as my bifocals
Great line Walt. I wonder how many people who whine about ought to have their eyes checked, work on trigger control or learn how not to finch.

We'd probably be amazed at the number of "accurate" guns out there. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts