Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been look for a .22 Pistol since I started working as a Gun Store Counter Monkey. We get a lot of guns on trade and we also buy collections. About a year ago a Walther GSP came in with a collection, unfortunitly it was in a .32.

I did pick up one of the NRA W.B. Ruger Endowment Fund Signature Series guns but that was for my Daughter Sig. She needed this gun as her sister, Oli, has a Stainless Standard Auto with WB's Signature on it. They now each have a Signature Series Ruger .22 Auto... with matching Serial Number Suffixes <G> (I got hooked up! Serial numbers are XXX-04077).

Well last Friday we bought another collection. Some really nice Colt's (Pythons, Anacondas, Troopers) along with a few other non-Colt guns. One caught my eye that I hadn't seen before.

Tis a Benelli MP95E Atlanta Kromo. I felt of it, I foundled it, I looked it over closely for wear/abuse, I dry Fired it, I fell in Lust, I asked for a price.

The gun has hardly been fired and shows zero sign of wear. Comes in it's original box with all paperwork and accessories (take down tools(?) along with a 9 Round Mag.

The price I was given was $450 so, not knowing any better, I put it on layaway. Anyone have any thoughts, what-so-ever, on this gun and price?

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While it is not NIB if this guy shot it he shot it he may have only put a mag or two through it!... just like the Pythons. One call to our Python Collector was all it took, the guns were logged in and out... they never even got a tag let alone out to a display case.

So it looks like I got a good price.

Anyone have any experience with the gun itself?

· Registered
172 Posts
Did you get it?

Gunny,

Did you ever get the Benelli .22? When I saw your post I remembered that Doug Koenig played with the MP95 for a while so I sent him an email asking about it. Hope it helps. Here it goes.

---- Doug's Reply----

Nelson,

I don't currently use that pistol. I had a hard time with it being reliable. I use a Pardini and or an S&W mod 41. The pardini retails for about $1000.00 and I believe the Mod 41 for about $750.00.

Hope this helps,
Doug
----- Original Message -----

To: '[email protected]'
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 10:51 AM
Subject: Benelli MP95

Hola Doug,

If I recall correctly at one point in your career you shot the subject .22LR pistol. A friend is looking to buy one and before he goes out and buy it, I would like to have your opinion on it. Do you still use this pistol? Is there anything in the price range ($500) that you would rather have?

I'm sorry to bother you with this but you are the only person I've ever seen/read using this piece of equipment. Look forward to hear from you soon.

Take care,
Nelson R. Colón
Jacksonville, FL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

I haven't gotten it yet I've got it on lay away at work. Though I have taken it out and tried it a couple times. Nothing much just a hundred rounds or so. No problems with it... I just need to cut down on the coffee before I shoot. :)

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Gunny,

IF it works out to be reliable, put a scope on it, and use it for squirrel. Head shots only, of course.

I use a batch of old silhouette ammo in my High Std 103 (Supermatic Citation) with a scoped bull barrel. All the sport is in the hunting, just head shots. If I'm not huffing & puffing from a hill climb, the ammo allowance is one round per squirrel. If I can't hold the crosshairs steady, I don't shoot.

-- Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike,

Mostly it will be used for target as I don't eat squirrel... now my wife has been complaining about the squirrels tipping over her plants every day. Maybe..... hmmmmm?

· Registered
3,920 Posts
I don't eat squirrel either, but I recently bought a P22. Great training pistol for the wife and kids and no malfs in the first 1K rounds. It's as accurate as my bifocals. Good call CP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.