Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It always surprises me to read here and there on various gun forums, etc. that the Beretta 92 is "inaccurate" to put it, well, politely. I've always enjoyed my Beretta 92A1 and have been shoot it well enough to suit me.

But after reading some trash talking about the Beretta's accuracy I made this video to bust the myth.

Here is the video.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I don't think you'll get much argument here; it's the nut behind the trigger that affects accuracy more than anything else. :p I'm looking forward to watching your video...I'm on my phone right now.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I just watched the video. Back when, the same was said about the M1911. Whoever says the M9 is inaccurate needs to inform the AMU and other service pistol teams...

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
I never heard much griping about the Beretta other than the caliber and the early problems with metallurgy.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
My biggest complaint about the B92 is the grip and long trigger "reach."

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Just a few comments:
1. Basically a good Video
2. If you talk accuracy use a bull target. Paper never lies no matter how much you want it to.
3. If you can afford it get a wireless mic with a stereo system. You can use both mics for one person, giving you a good back up. With two each gets one, hopefully with a wind shield on the tip. There are some great vids ruined by wind noise.
4. Edit out the "Revolver" and some of the redundancy, I know the schools and military teach, Tell um, Tell um what you told um, then Tell them again! but it's not biblical.
5. The framing was as good as any.
6. Make a fetish out of starting with a cleared weapon, every little bit helps.

Geoff
Who will chase down your vids tonight, it's 0435 in beautiful St. Augustine and I'm off to work the Hell Desk...sigh....

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
What I would really like to see is a good shooter shoot paper with all the basic US / Police pistols for comparison:

M-9
M-11
M-1911A1
The New USMC Variant of the 1911
S&W Model 10
Glock 22/23
S&W M&P .40

Single action cocking, I'll bet the Model 10 wins!

Geoff
Who notes he is not a great shot and has none of the weapons listed above.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
I too often wonder about those who complain about the accuracy of the M9 because every one that I’ve shot (including the Taurus) has been very accurate for a service pistol. And speaking of Taurus, I’ve always found the Taurus 92’s to be a tad bit more accurate than their parent Beretta’s. I can hit a watermelon at 150 yards with boring regularity with my M9…how much more accurate do you need from a handgun? Then again, I can do the same with my Colt’s 1911A1 in .38 Super…it’s nearly as accurate as my Beretta.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd love to see that!

You can shoot a watermelon 150 yards away, offhand, with a handgun?

Yikes!!

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
I'd love to see that!

You can shoot a watermelon 150 yards away, offhand, with a handgun?

Yikes!!
St. Louis is about a 4 hour drive to my front door…come on down and we'll put a few downrange. From my deck to my backstop is 150 yards. I really LOVE long range pistol shooting so mostly out of laziness I do most of my handgun practice at 150 yards. To me it's really not a hard shot anymore. But if you get out and give it a try for yourself, I think you'll find it's not THAT difficult to pull off. Especially when shooting the 9mm which has a very nice, flat, trajectory. Believe it or not, there's very little hold-over at that distance with a 9mm.

I'll admit I'm not all that good with my .45 ACP beyond 100 yards, mostly because for most of my life I carried a Browning Hi Power and I just have the 9mm trajectory ingrained in my brain whether I like it or not. But give it a try the next time you're out in the sticks and you can just put something way down there. It's a good idea to put it against a backstop, and a dusty backstop is helpful to see where your misses go. Then you just correct as you go. Start with something large that will give you feedback. Old paint cans are great because they knock over like a soda can when you hit them. Or start with a 5 gal bucket. Then work your way down. From time to time I'll put clay pigeons against my backstop and shoot at them; they're TOUGH to hit at 150. But every 4th or 5th shot, I'll score.

I'd say about 50-60% of the time I can hit something the size of a watermelon on the first shot, and almost always on the second shot.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, seriously...I'm not challenging you.

I'd like to see it!

Grab a video next time you are killing watermelons.

I wish my gun club let us shoot beyond 100 yards.

I've got a really long range range with 600 yards targets...within an hour but it is kind of pricey and not sure I'd want to join only to shoot there a few times a year.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
No, seriously...I'm not challenging you.

I'd like to see it!

Grab a video next time you are killing watermelons.

I wish my gun club let us shoot beyond 100 yards.

I've got a really long range range with 600 yards targets...within an hour but it is kind of pricey and not sure I'd want to join only to shoot there a few times a year.
I didn't take it as a challenge, but you're really welcome to drop by and we can do some shooting. I'll give you a guarantee that by the end of the day you're doing much the same. And if you fall in love with my house, it's for sale; range and all. 150 yards from the deck, and you can shoot off of the BBQ if you like. I'm never more than 1 foot from a cold drink, and a few feet away from air conditioning...it's how the lazy do it:)

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a few comments:
1. Basically a good Video
2. If you talk accuracy use a bull target. Paper never lies no matter how much you want it to.
3. If you can afford it get a wireless mic with a stereo system. You can use both mics for one person, giving you a good back up. With two each gets one, hopefully with a wind shield on the tip. There are some great vids ruined by wind noise.
4. Edit out the "Revolver" and some of the redundancy, I know the schools and military teach, Tell um, Tell um what you told um, then Tell them again! but it's not biblical.
5. The framing was as good as any.
6. Make a fetish out of starting with a cleared weapon, every little bit helps.

Geoff
Who will chase down your vids tonight, it's 0435 in beautiful St. Augustine and I'm off to work the Hell Desk...sigh....
Response:

Thanks for detailed feedback, appreciate it man.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts