Gun Hub Forums banner

Big Mike

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  IrishCop 
#1 ·
A good friend, and companion on several adventures.

Rest in peace, my friend...

WARREN M. McLAUGHLIN "Mike"

A Navy Veteran, Bridgewater Rescue Squad Life Member, beloved spouse, father of five, grandfather of five, and proud Penn State Alumnus, Mike died Tuesday, November 20, 2012. Born August 17, 1935 in New York, NY, Mike lived most of his life in Washington DC area before retiring to Bridgewater. He served in the Navy and later the Naval Reserve, retiring as a Commander, and as a civilian employee of the Navy, where he held various positions related to computer security. He was preceded in death by his parents, Captain and Mrs. Joseph Warren McLaughlin, and his daughter, Ann Michele McLaughlin. Mike unconditionally loved his childhood sweetheart and spouse of 54 years, Jude Brockelsby McLaughlin; his six children Katie Phalen (Jim), Ann Michele, Jay McLaughlin, Sheila Wiese (Greg), Kevin McLaughlin (Jenny Campbell), Shane McLaughlin; his granddaughters Aileen, Cappy, Clare, Phoebe, and Wren, and all the wonderful dogs that were part of his life. Mike will also be missed by his sister in law, Sr. Pauline Brockelsby, and many longtime friends.

A celebration of Mike's life will be held at 2 p.m. on Sunday, November 25th at Bridgewater Volunteer Rescue Squad (BVRS), 10 Volunteer Dr., Bridgewater VA 22812. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to Bridgewater Volunteer Rescue Squad, PO Box 268 Bridgewater, VA 22812. Burial will be at Arlington Cemetery at a later date.

Mike's kindness, sense of humor, curiosity, love of reading, and love of animals lives on in his children and grandchildren, but we will still miss him dearly.

See less See more
#9 ·
Apparently back in the day, the services didn't fraternize that much, except to fight...

One of the zoomies Mike pulled out of the water when he served aboard the Henley had an amusing story to tell involving sharks and rum.

But I think the Navy calls them "aviators"... :)

#13 ·
I'm not so sure either, Charlie. Whenever I get into a little "discussion" with a member of my sister services, I remind them that in the USAF, most of the enlisted guys are back safe on the base. We send our OFFICERS out to get shot at. Makes perfect sense to me. ;) :twisted:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.