Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/ ... 533189.htm

Sad. He was an American original and an all round great guy. I met him many years ago when I had a broken chain. This was a long time before he got famous on the Discovery Channel.
He was the only guy that stopped to help. Saw the problem, said he would be back in a bit and to hold tight. 45 minutes later he was back with a new chain, helped me put it on, shook my hand, and took off smiling.

He died doing what he loved and that is most admirable. He will be missed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a shame for someone considered so talented to end their life simply because they chose not to wear safety gear. In this case, no helmet and a severe skull fracture as a cause of death.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's easy to be critical of his oversight.
He had the right to choose to wear a helmet or not... I'm sorry for his death, but I am glad he still had those choice.

Like I said before... He died doing something he loved - we should all be so lucky.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mad Ogre said:
He had the right to choose to wear a helmet or not...I'm sorry for his death, but I am glad he still had those choice.

Like I said before... He died doing something he loved - we should all be so lucky.
He still has the "Duh! Cloud" shadowing his legacy.

Having shared the last moments of life with someone who had cracked his cranial vault, I can't seem to put it in the "something he loved" category. The horrific convulsions that come when the brain shuts down overshadow waxing poetic.

But...that's just me.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beats the hell out of dying without any dignity crapping yourself in a nursing home after you forgot your own name.
:roll:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Choosing to wear a helmet or not should be left up to the indiviual.

Just like owning firearms.We don't need people telling us what we can and can't own, or what we can use, or can't use.

Indian Larry made the choice not to wear a helmet, and unfortunatly paid the ultimate price.

But the key here is he had the FREEDOM to decide for himself, and not have some paper pushing government type who has never even sat on a motorcycle decide for him.

SKBY.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I believe that one should separate the politics of helmet laws and the issue of safety. I support repealing all helmet laws, but I wear one.

Helmet laws are one of the hoaxes sold to the public by the same logic as gun control laws.

Go to Helmet Laws of the 50 States. Click on "Statutes By State", then look in the side bar to the left for the link titled, "Helmet Hoax".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts