Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting some of this ammo to shoot out of a 700VS(.308), a little target practice and to use to deer hunt. What do you fellas recommend as far as bullet weight, nbt, or btsp? I have never shot any of this and was wanting to know a little about it. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have no experience with Black Hills ammo, but if the "nbt" you mention is Nosler Ballistic Tip I highly recommend that bullet. I have a .308 M700VS and it really likes the 165 grain NBT. I haven't taken any deer with that caliber, but I have taken deer with the 130 grain ballistic tip in .270 Winchester. As a matter of fact, that is the only bullet I shoot in my .270. Going from what I have read Black Hills makes good ammo.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Blach Hills is great ammo. At one time I was told by a military shoot that Black Hills was loading the 80 grain ammo that they were shooting. The 308 is very good I have 12 boxes of it on hand right now. Mine is the red box 168 match. All Black Hills shoots well.
Gunseller

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Black Hills ammo is top quality.
As far as bullets a Nosler blistic tip or partition is an excellent choice. Some may flame me but "I" am not fond of serria bullets for hunting due to past expeirences. Others like them. I prefer Hornady in a standard bullet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts