Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lots of Blanks have old corrosive primers. If you don't clean the rifle after firing the blanks you have a problem. Otherwise, no real issue I am aware of.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Now you might can find some newer made blanks from a reenactor. One guy I met at one made his own blanks(pretty much for every rifle or pistol used at a WWII reenactment) and everyone bought theirs from him. 300 for $25, I think

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I have found a source for new production blanks. Vendor says they are loaded for the M1. Price quoted was $30 per 100 + shipping. Does that seem high? Sells a lot to the re enactor groups.

·
Registered
697 Posts
No that sounds like a ok deal to me... if you cant find them cheaper anywhere else. But what are you needing blanks for?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been some talk in the area about getting a WWll reenactor group together. Been talked about before, but I think they're serious this time.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Long term use of blanks in any semi or full auto weapon will make it a smooth bore! This is because of the blank adapter which restricts the escape of burnt powder gasses. The more you shoot it rapid fire the quicker it chews out the rifling. I have an MG 42 bbl that I use with blanks and it looks like a shotgun barrel now. Took about 3 or 4 years. I also have a thompson that is getting close to that.
Anything more than 30¢ a rd for 30/06 is overpriced! You should be able to find factory blanks = US, Canadian or FN full draw - NEVER use FN head stamped M1909 blanks with a black wadding - they're made for MGs and will break your Garand.
There is a large group in Texas Called the Texas Military Historical Society. They have several GI units.
Sarge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts