Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: SW Presidency..

Mike said:
Would Ford ever hire a person who doesn't own a car?
The greatest choreographer and Ballet Master in the world couldn't dance a two-step if his tights were ablaze.
Why would any firearms company hire a president who doesn't own a firearm?
As I pointed out, obviously neither S&W nor Saf-T-Hammer even vetted Minder or, grand irony here, had him fill out a Form 4473 and undergo a NICS check.

· Premium Member
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sam said:
The story's growing legs.
Interesting story… be a lot "leggier" if The Detroit News was less interested in blowing smoke up its own butt.

The greater details from "back then" are fine, but the only reason that story's there is typical media whoring.

I have no problem with Minder's being S&W's parent Chairman… if the guy rehab'd himself, that, as someone else observed somewhere, is the Liberal's dream. "Hey!, the penal system works!"

My problem is that he never disclosed the skeleton in his closet when they offered him the position on the Board, however long ago that was, and S&W never properly vetted him.

It's a "firestorm in a coffee mug" the firearms industry doesn't need, especially at this point!

· Premium Member
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
JRWnTN said:
I'll add that you don't want the head of your gun company to be a convicted felon.
Most here would be thunderstruck at the number of "prohibited persons" who are in the firearms industry… I know of four right off the top of my head whose names would be recognizable to everyone here, but who comport themselves admirably and within the restrictions imposed upon them. (And there's certainly historical precedent… think Marshall Williams and the afore-cited Harlon Carter!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.