Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10,462 Posts
Dean, you know I've been in the "S&W Must Die" crowd from the day they signed the HUD agreement. It seems like they're trying to commit suicide and take the industry down with them. :argh:

· Registered
10,462 Posts
DeanSpeir said:
I have no problem with Minder's being S&W's parent Chairman… if the guy rehab'd himself, that, as someone else observed somewhere, is the Liberal's dream. "Hey!, the penal system works!"

My problem is that he never disclosed the skeleton in his closet when they offered him the position on the Board, however long ago that was, and S&W never properly vetted him.
Think how much stink there would be if Harlan Carter was on S&W's board. :roll:

My personal views are Waaay out in right field. If you can't trust a person with a ballot or a bullet, why in the Hell did you let him outa jail in the the first place? :soap:

· Registered
10,462 Posts
Well, Minder resigned yesterday. Damage is done.

Speaking of damage, S1805 is being loaded with amendments. we may well see the AWB tacked on yet...

· Registered
10,462 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
I still think it would be a real stretch (or incredibly chickensh**) to attempt to proseute on the grounds of merely touching and while I agree that statutes are broad I think most judges would laugh that one out of court.
CP, I've read a couple of news stories where a felon was convicted of "possession" just because he was in a deer camp were others did have a rifle. Can't say it it was urban legend or not, but that is in line with some of the BS BATF has pulled in the past at gun shows.

CP said:
I certainly believe he should have revealed the conviction but don't think having him as a director violated any law. Apparently S&W does too (and I bet they had a herd of lawyers look at it).
No argument from me on the legality of it. Just poor judgement on Minder's part not making certain that S&W knew. He came from the parent company, Safty-Trigger, and had lead a upstanding life for the last 30 years. :soap: This brings me to a rant, if you can't trust 'em with either a ballot or a bullet, what the Hell are they doing back on the street? I'm of the mind that full restitution of rights should be given as it was the first 150 years.

· Registered
10,462 Posts
Dean, I didn't think Marshall "Carbine" Williams fell under the restriction. Yes, he was a felon and did hard time, but the laws were different in the 1930s. If I'm wrong, it won't be the first or last time. And Carter's conviction was tossed and he joined the US Border Patrol.

· Registered
10,462 Posts
The ATF was responcible for running the restitution of rights program. To me, that was like having the fox guard the hen house, but that's another problem. The program was never repealed, but came to a halt because Congress refused to fund the program. Even today, with a Republican controlled Congress, it's not going to be funded. The Supreme Court has taken the attitude that the mechanism is there, but just because it's not in operation doesn't mean you been deprived. With rulings like this, I worry about them taking on a case to decide if the RKBA is an individual right.

Minder is still on the board, jsut not CEO anymore. He was a board member of Saf-T-Trigger prior to going to S&W. But this puzzles me. The press gleefully hopping up and down saying Martha S can't be on the board of her own company anyone 'cause federal law forbids it. If she can't, how has Minder managed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.